SuperQBoard flp-level2 ROM?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Mad Fritz
ROM Dongle

SuperQBoard flp-level2 ROM?

Post by Mad Fritz »

Referring to this rather old thread viewtopic.php?t=606
Any chance to get hold of this ROM-Image? If it's still under copyright - where can I buy it?

Thanks in advance & stay safe
Andy

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: SuperQBoard flp-level2 ROM?

Post by mk79 »

Hm, I don't remember ever being contacted about it. I've been walking with Jochen and his dog just this week actually, of course exactly 1,5m apart. The problem regarding the SuperQBoard is more that I have so many ROMs that I have no clue whatsoever which is the "best" one or if the later ones are even release-ready. I think the 2.17 was the "normal" released ROMs and the 2.18 was for the modified HD-capable boards (https://www.kilgus.net/2018/01/09/sandy ... now-in-hd/), potentially unreleased. Anyway, I have attached all I could find in a hurry, have fun.
Attachments
sqboard.zip
(131.75 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Oh, by the way, I strongly disagree with taking money for software this old, but if anybody wants to appreciate the things I do and release there is always https://www.kilgus.net/smsqe/donations/ :twisted:

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

mk79 wrote:Oh, by the way, I strongly disagree with taking money for software this old, but if anybody wants to appreciate the things I do and release there is always https://www.kilgus.net/smsqe/donations/ :twisted:
The problem: You have to have a valid Paypal account. I have closed mine because of unauthorised use in the past. Via ebay, I always use debit from my bank account via Paypal. That is safer and works perfectly. Perhaps you can change this.

4E75 7000
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Yes, in principle I'd prefer IBAN transfers, too, but I remember how much trouble Jochen Merz had with his public account numbers (he regularly had to call the police because people used them to mail order stuff), that's why I don't publish them on the web. I share them privately but I realize that people might not want to ask for them, so the PayPal button is the next best thing (unlike IBAN they do subtract 1,5%+0,35€ by the way). I've updated the button to a newer version which accepts credit cards at least, but I don't think there is a way for me to allow direct debit, or at least I haven't found one :(

Mad Fritz
ROM Dongle

Post by Mad Fritz »

Hi Markus

Thank you very much for the files, I'll give it a try. Unfortunately the ROM on this Q-Board ist not in a Socket, so it will require a little bit more work than expected.

BR / Andy

small Update:
On my SQB issue 1 it works fine withe the 16K FLPATR217C.BIN provided (luckily I had still a 27C128 EPROM waiting for a meaningful use). The Issue 3 SQB gives me headache as the socket with inserted EPROM I would like to install is too high and interferes with the RAM-daughter-board. IIRC there are flat version DIL-sockets, we'll see... EDIT: The ones I have are the flat ones :(