QUBIDE GALS

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

QUBIDE GALS

Post by Pr0f »

Hi all,

I have been building up one of those DIY QUBIDE boards that are found on eBay - I think these are based on the one that appeared on the spanish forum, but I think Tetroid did a kit of parts for one, which I had previously built and is working fine.

However - on searching around for GAL1 and GAL2 logic - for the upgraded version - I have found several versions out there.

So the list so far:

1) Original version
2) Updated version - seems to be available in a zip file - contains decodes for Alternate Status Register
3) Version that I had saved a while back from yahoo groups - this has the same update as in 2) but also additionally decodes RWL signal for IA0

I want to run either QUBATA 310 or version 2.01 of the QUBIDE ROM - apparently 2) version of the GAL works for this - as that appears to be the version in the Tetroid GAL's - but GAL signature doesn't match the ones in 3), and doesn't have that additional RWL decode for IA0

Just seeking clarification on what the differences were if anyone knows ?

Technical-Chap
ROM Dongle

Re: QUBIDE GALS

Post by Technical-Chap »

Hi Pr0f,

I have the JED files from Tetroid and was just waiting for him to give me the go ahead to share them, do you still require them?

Technical Chap

So long and thanks for all the fish !!
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I have the jed files - and a program to convert to equation - the problem is I can see there are several versions out there - the original ones, the newer ones that support the alternate status register (required for Qubide ROM 2.01 and Qubata ROM), and one that was on yahoo groups from late 90's that seems to have the alternate status register - but also more specific gating for Read and Write in the register map - I will try these in my project, I am trying to get multiple IDE targets (4 primary) to work with a modified qubide clone card.

i would be interested to see if anyone has the equations for the GAL's that are in the qubide clone cards

I'm also not sure if the jed2eqn program I am using is correctly translating the ATF GALS used on the clone card - I have a working one, but will be Lattice GAL's on my board as I had some kicking about

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

The developer of QubIDE, Nasta, is a member of this board. Maybe contact him?

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

mk79 wrote:The developer of QubIDE, Nasta, is a member of this board. Maybe contact him?
It's Nasta's equations I have from the Yahoo Groups - dating back to 98/99 I think, but they seem to differ subtly from the code that's in the qubide clone GAL's.

From my research, it appears the 'Version 2 GAL" code that's in the ZIP files online contains the selection logic for the alternate status register - as long as that is present it seems that the later driver code will work with the card.

It was curiosity surrounding the extra IA0 decoding and what it provided if anything?