QL - Minerva ROM - SCG - VDRIVE QL - SuperHERMES
The Vdrive QL (update 03) works well with this configuration without using SMSQ/E.
It doesn't work after loading SMSQ/E 3.34 .. "VDRIVE not ready".
Andrew wrote:2 weeks ago Charles Ingley published an update for vDrive, to make it compatible with the SGC. The previous version seemed to have a problem in vtkql itself. The file could be read but vDrive initialization sequence failed
It happened also on my QL with SGC, so I applied the update.
Problem is that after the update I still get "vDrive is not responding"
I tested on 3 QLs and with various configurations:
1. QL+ Minerva ROM + SD-QL (installed but with no SD cards in drive) = it works
2. Same QL +Minerva ROM + Tetroid GC (with or without SD card in QL-SD) = it works, but after loading vtkql_bin toolkit PRINT command is no longer available
3. Same QL +Minerva ROM + original SGC (with or without SD card in QL-SD) = 'vDrive not responding"
4. Second QL - stardard, AH ROM = 'vdrive not responding"
5. Second QL - stardard, AH ROM + Tetroid GC = 'vdrive not responding"
6. Third QL + vmap+Tetroid ROM Switcher + QUIBIDE + 512 k ="vDrive not responding" (tested with JM, JS, MG and Minerva ROMs,with and without Tk2)
7. Third QL + vmap+Tetroid ROM Switcher ="vDrive not responding" (tested with JM, JS, MG and Minerva ROMs, with and without Tk2)
Update was a quest because before the update I had exactly the same problem in running the vtkql_bin - so I had to disassemble all 3 QLs and swap parts, and change ROMs util I stumbled on the only configuration that worked ...