- 4:3 screen format, because this was the original QL look, no widescreen
- Between 12" and 15", because that was the historic size, and is portable
- HDMI input, supporting the QL via the common, nicely cased black SCART/HDMI converter
- VGA input, supporting the Q68
- Native 1024x768 resolution because that ideally fits the Q68, and 512x256 can be scaled without blur
- Optional support for the QL via the GBS8220 V3.0 and V4.0 video converter
- Analogue stereo audio input for the Q68
- Available new
Thanks to Tobias' advice, I turned my attention to Chinese models and found:
Eyoyo 15" TFT-LED Monitor 1024x768, Model: EM15A
I'm quite happy with that one, because it fulfills every point. And for the first time I got an acceptable picture from the original QL via converter.
The HDMI converter provides better quality from the QL than the GBS8220, but both work.
With the Q68, the picture is crystal clear, best I ever saw. Sound quality is very limited, not enough bass. But at least stereo.
It can save space by switching between QL (HDMI) and Q68 (VGA) without extra box.
More feedback, models or experiences would be good to know.