Computer One - Disk Interface for ICL OPD / Merlin Tonto

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
RWAP
RWAP Master

Computer One - Disk Interface for ICL OPD / Merlin Tonto

Post by RWAP »

I also came across a document I uploaded to my website in March this year which is puzzling...
http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/oneperdes ... 0Notes.pdf

This must have been published as part of a Quanta magazine I guess; but I don't have the slightest idea as to where it came from!!

I was looking for the ROM dumps referred to in the document, which I guess might be held by Quanta - or does anyone have one of these so that we could dump them?

There has been a little revival of interest in the OPD / Merlin Tonto since I set up a Facebook group, and we have found a replacement PSU !

jivrt
Chuggy Microdrive

Re: Computer One - Disk Interface for ICL OPD / Merlin Tonto

Post by jivrt »

Not a clever name for a computer if you know spanish

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Original BBQL 1985, bought my me in Spain with JM ROM
Tetroid TDI with CF card, ROM switcher, power regulator, Gold Card clone and Backplane
Uses: teaching my children to program
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote: This must have been published as part of a Quanta magazine I guess; but I don't have the slightest idea as to where it came from!!
I was looking for the ROM dumps referred to in the document, which I guess might be held by Quanta - or does anyone have one of these so that we could dump them?
I'm not 100% sure, I think that the document came from former Quanta webmaster, Dan Abbot, as he was very interested in these machines. Unfortunately, I'm not in touch with him these days - might be worth asking the Gilpins if they can put you in touch with him, or if they know if Quanta has any further files.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

dilwyn wrote: I'm not 100% sure, I think that the document came from former Quanta webmaster, Dan Abbot, as he was very interested in these machines. Unfortunately, I'm not in touch with him these days - might be worth asking the Gilpins if they can put you in touch with him, or if they know if Quanta has any further files.
I thought Dan was a possibility, but I have not heard from him in a long long time (and I looked for emails from Dan about this but couldn't spot anything). I have emailed the Quanta chairman and will see if I get any joy...