WIN_REXT for Miracle Systems Hard Disk

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
QL_Henry
ROM Dongle

WIN_REXT for Miracle Systems Hard Disk

Post by QL_Henry »

Hi QL users,

Can anyone send me the WIN_REXT file for the Miracle Systems Hard Disk?

I'm QL user since over 30 years.

Thanks for considering my request.

-Henry

janbredenbeek
Super Gold Card

Re: WIN_REXT for Miracle Systems Hard Disk

Post by janbredenbeek »

QL_Henry
ROM Dongle

Post by QL_Henry »

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Now I'm able to use it at full functionality together with my QubATA.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Do you have a Miracle Hard Drive plugged into the ROM Port and QubATA interface in the expansion port?

If so, both use the WIN device and there might be a clash loading the ROM code for each interface.

You might have to remove the ROMs from one of the interfaces and patch the WIN device to something else.

I have a MIracle Hard Drive that I have to do a low level drive matching to the interface, which I will get done and see if my QubATA interface will work with it.

Regards,

Derek
QL_Henry
ROM Dongle

Post by QL_Henry »

Hi Derek,

yes, I patched the Miracle ROM. The device now is called HDD1_. I also patched WIN_REXT to have the command HDD2.
I don't like the name HDD very much - so I decided to rename it to MHD (means Miracle Hard Disk).

However, the patch was necessary because my original 40 MB drive is bad. I have now a 30 MB drive from a Amiga 2000 (PC) card, which works fine with the Miracle Systems hardware. Of course it has different drive parameters. I also changed the controller to WD1002-27X. It was on the Amiga card too.
My WD1004 was accidentally died after plug in in reverse order :-(

The low level format was already done. So the QL format works fine. It took about 10 mins. only!

Low level format is a hard challenge. It is hard to find a suitable computer with ISA slot.

GOOD LUCK!

Regards
-Henry

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Henry,

I have many PC motherboards with a ISA Bus, I have 2 Miracle Hard Disk to fit replacement hard drives. The Hard drives require matches to the Hard disk controller. But this is an easy process.

Strictly speaking the WIN_REXT extension are not really necessary as the WIN device is loaded from the rom on the Miracle Hard Drive Interface. But the extensions load in the WIN2 extension which allows a psuedo WIN2 device on the same har disk as WIN1.

Regards,

Derek