Microdrives, QL floppies and DOS floppies ?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
polka
Trump Card

Re: Microdrives, QL floppies and DOS floppies ?

Post by polka »

Thank you very much for your offer, but for what I intend to do with this "very old" computer, I do not need more memory (128Mb is more than 1000 times what I have on my real basic QLs).

Beside my two emulators I installed on it for the moment only Open Office and a few development kits, like Eclipse for Java programming and Component Pascal (a nice public domain object oriented development environment from ETHZ)...

As I started programming with a computer that had only 8kb of memory (but took an entire room and was shared by a whole company), I tend to like limited resources.

This is also the reason why I am so much fond of Forth : within a footprint of often only 64Kb, you can code extraordinary fast programs.

Bye, Paul

May the FORTH be with you !
POLKa
radastan
ROM Dongle

Post by radastan »

Hello all,

You can rad and write to a USB drive with Floppy Image:

http://www.bytemaniacos.com/ql/tiki-ind ... dades%20PC

With Qemulator (registered version) you can read and write .img files directly as a floppy disk. Use Floppy Image to write your files.

For make a blank .img file simply read one disk with Floppy Image and format with Qemulator. Make copy of this blank file for future use.

Easy, and support your new USB drive.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Oh great - I will have to try that - it has always annoyed me that I could not make an image of a floppy disk since I no longer had drives built into my PC and had to use a USB floppy disk drive