A short What's-New:
- The driver version (currently 1.04) is shown in the ROM message plus a message if slot 1 could be initialised or not
- Minerva/QDOS: If a card is found on boot then the device name will be briefly changed to MDV so that MDV1_boot can be found and immediately renamed back to WIN afterwards
- There was a bug when reading and writing data at the same time. This alone should be enough reason to update the driver as it can corrupt the image
- Added SGC support code and auto-detection of CPU speed. As said, a hardware mod is still needed for full GC/SGC compatibility. But if your card worked before it might work even better with this ROM
- CARD_INIT defaults to slot 1 when no parameter is given
- Card changes are detected automatically, so CARD_INIT is basically not needed anymore
- WIN2 defaults to QXL.WIN in slot 2, WIN3 defaults to QXL.WIN in slot 3 (if anybody ever had a slot 3 in the history of QL-SD ). Except me and probably Peter, of course
- Added command WIN_CHECK (same as on the Q68) that checks if the image file is continuous
- Added SMSQ/E and QDOS compatibility. Only MGG and JS was tested, because these were already enough of a pain that I was afraid to check out anything older
- Support for multi-block reads, so it should execute your boot file a tiny little bit faster
GC only: to get another speed bump load the _BIN driver again in your boot file, running the driver code from GC-RAM can up the speed noticably. You can probably run DEL_DEFB afterwards to release the memory that the ROM driver still held onto (not tested). Or LBYTES the driver code and issue CARD_INIT before the CALL to the new driver to release the memory of the ROM driver.
SGC and original QLs do not profit from this, so this is not needed.