Testing Tetroid backplane and GC

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Testing Tetroid backplane and GC

Post by mk79 »

tofro wrote:
afx wrote: I use SerMouse.
And that is, along with SuperHermes and QIMI (which are both hard to come by these days) probably the most standard way to connect a mouse.

Tobias
Albin has given me permission to release SerMouse, but he doesn't find either the code or the manual. So if somebody could come up with the stuff it can be put online.

Marcel

Doug
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Doug »

Hi all, many thanks for your help!
Pr0f wrote:Have you tried taking out the 68008 from the QL when you use the Gold card ?
This is something I've not yet tried, good shout, I will give that a go! Hopefully the combination of doing this plus keeping the GC in the nearest backplane slot to the QL will get me on track!
Dave wrote:The Trump and Gold Card won't co-exist unless the memory is disabled/removed on the TC.
Yes that one isn't an issue for me, my main goal was to get the QubIDE + Gold Card to play nice. And testing the Trump Card + QubIDE as a fallback option.
afx wrote:I use SerMouse.
Ah interesting, and nice video! I'll have to keep an eye out for a serial mouse. Would the RS232/serial cable sold by retrocomputershack work for that sort of setup? I picked one up a while back to try connecting the QL to my PC (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-Spe ... 1851673724)
Derek_Stewart wrote:I have some QIMI interfaces that need some repair, which I will repair and make available...
I'd certainly be interested in one of those to try out if it became available Derek!
mk79 wrote:Albin has given me permission to release SerMouse, but he doesn't find either the code or the manual. So if somebody could come up with the stuff it can be put online.
Ah great, fingers crossed on that one!

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Simon Goodwin also did a serial mouse driver, IIRC. Check out DIY, vol i

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

mk79 wrote:Albin has given me permission to release SerMouse, but he doesn't find either the code or the manual. So if somebody could come up with the stuff it can be put online.
I have a copy of SERMouse_rxt, V3.04. Cant find any documentations or anything. I think its just a leftover from my Aurora days. If its any good, I can email it to you.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
afx
Trump Card

Post by afx »

pjw wrote:I have a copy of SERMouse_rxt, V3.04. Cant find any documentations or anything. I think its just a leftover from my Aurora days. If its any good, I can email it to you.
I have floppy disk with drivers (German and English versions), utilities and a demonstration program (QDesign_demo). I think it's the floppy disk that used to accompany the SerMouse (version 1.02).

I can send it to you (via email would be fine).

afx
Trump Card

Post by afx »

Doug wrote:Would the RS232/serial cable sold by retrocomputershack work for that sort of setup?
Yes, but keep in mind that ser1 and ser2 connections are different. I had to change the connections of the retrocomputershack adapter to connect my SerMouse through ser2_ port .

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

mk79 wrote: Albin has given me permission to release SerMouse, but he doesn't find either the code or the manual. So if somebody could come up with the stuff it can be put online.

Marcel
I missed that announcement.

Gret news - the Sermouse code (v3.04) is attached (this is suitable for unzipping under Windows and attaching to q-emulator). I should have a printed manual here somewhere to be scanned in.

Could you ask him about the ATR device please
Attachments
SerMouse v3.04.zip
(40.72 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

RWAP wrote:
mk79 wrote: Albin has given me permission to release SerMouse, but he doesn't find either the code or the manual. So if somebody could come up with the stuff it can be put online.
I missed that announcement.
This, basically, was the announcement ;)
Could you ask him about the ATR device please
That was Jochen, not Albin. And he already said that it can be distributed freely, he just doesn't have the time to dig up the stuff. But if somebody else has it, no problem.

Marcel

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The ATR code is also attached - this probably needs some tidying up too - again is suitable for use with q-emulator
Attachments
ATR.zip
(125.04 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

QLObi
ROM Dongle

Post by QLObi »

The Qimi Interface Eagle files and firmware for a PS/2 mouse Driver is already published and given free by me for non-Commercial reproduction.
Just do !

Detlef