tofro wrote:See my answer above (did you overlook that) - simply don't use a dos drive to unpack any executable to, instead use ram or win. Everything else you did fine.
Yes, I read Tobias but spent some time to understand how to do it...but actually it was the right suggestion because finally i made it work.
To recap, maybe it could be helpful for some newbies like me...:
1. On QPC2, format a WIN virtual disk - e.g. WIN_FORMAT 2,1(RET) FORMAT WIN2_20(RET) - to format 20MB on WIN2_
2. download the unzip541_bas and the .zip file (my test one was QUILL 2.35) and copy them to a Windows directory (e.g. called QUILL)
3. mount the directory QUILL on a QPC2 DOS virtual drive (e.g. DOS8_ )
4. copy the DOS8_ files to WIN2_ drive
5. run win2_unzip541_bas and save the output 'unzip' file to win2_ itself
6. EW WIN2_UNZIP;'-d FLP1_ WIN2_QUI235F.ZIP' to unzip the QUILL zip file to FLP1_ (a working Qdos formatted DD floppy - had to find some reliable ones, indeed... but they actually work fine together with a USB external floppy drive (i have a MITSUMI)
7. Then, once inserted the floppy to the REAL (unexpanded, unToolkitIIed, uneverything) QL and after VSET "FLP" (to change via software the name of drives in case you have MicroPeripherals FDK controller), crossing the fingers it WORKED.
I think the solution was to save and run the unzip541_bas file to WIN_ virtual drive itself, so it didn't lose the header as well as the .zip file.
Cristian wrote:So the Qdos formatted floppy, containing the unzipped Quill, runs normally on Qemulator. This sounds like a problem in QL side (lack of Toolkit2, ROM version etc.)
Thanks Cristian. Luckily it seemed like a 'losing header' issue....
Now, to have the Opera completed, I kindly ask you if there's a way (I'm a newbie indeed so sorry in advance) to manage Directories with an unexpanded QL (Still have no Toolkit II but i'm waiting for the ROMs and Qubide by Tetroid which are on their way)... to have each program in its own directory (with its own BOOT, etc..), thank you for any links or explanations of SBASIC commands etc...