Q68 New users and general usage thread

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Q68 New users and general usage thread

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

After a question raised on the Italtian email list, with regards to reading Qubide image files on the Q68.

The Q68 SMSQ/E has a QUB device to access Qubide formatted image file containers.

New versions of SMSQ/E have the QUB device disabled, but I enable the option use the QUB device.

So if you are using SMSQ/E supplied by me, the QUB device is enabled, new versions of SMSQ/E require the QUB enabled by changing the Config Blocks.

To change the SMSQ/E config blocks, use:

LRUN "win8_boot"

Which will load Menuconfig and load the SMSQ/E file, the QUB device can be enabled there, save the changes and reboot.

To get a sample Qubide image file container, the QL-SD uses Qubide image files, download the QL-SD starter file:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qlsd/qlsd-starterpack.zip

Unzip the files and you will see a file called: "QL_BDI.ZIP"

Unzip this file, which will be "QL_BDI.BIN"

Copy the file "QL_BDI.BIN" to the FAT32, which will be partition 1 on the SD Card.

Start the Q68 and mount the Qubide image file with the QUB_DRIVE command:

QUB_DRIVE 1,1,"QL_BDI.BIN"

assuming the SD Card is in slot 1.

Use the QUB device the same way as the WIN device, i.e. DIR "QUB1_"

Marcel's new QL-SD driver uses the QWA file format, so the Q68 can read the QXL.WIN demo file from his website, mount with the WIN_DRIVE command.

For more information refer to the Q68 SMSQ/E Manual.

I suppose it would be nice to read an SD Card created with QubATA from a Tetroid interface. Just need a CF Card to SD Card adapter.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I suppose it would be nice to read an SD Card created with QubATA from a Tetroid interface. Just need a CF Card to SD Card adapter.
Such a card would not work directly with Q68 SMSQ/E. First, an image file of the QubATA card needs to be created, and copied as a file onto a FAT32 formatted card for the Q68.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Peter,

Yes I did know this, just pre-empting the question form others.

I suppose to read the Qubide QL partition from a Q68, the best way mow would to connect the 2 computers by the QL Network, use the Q68 as a QLAN server.

When I have time, I will give this a try...

Regards,

Derek