Q68 Order Process

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Q68 Order Process

Post by Peter »

NetBSD also supports the Sun-2 with 68010 CPU and Sun MMU: http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/sun2/

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

Peter - do you have any technical details or links to technical details about the Sun-2 MMU? I found the Wiki article and a register description of it, but not too much detail. Does the chip have any designation number? It's more out of curiosity than anything....

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Someone on one of my YouTube videos asked about getting a Q68 so I sent them here. I just realized the thread has gotten a bit off topic so hopefully they can figure out to ask for an item...

Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

Hi! it was me :)
Thank you for leading me here :)
Need to check information about the board and prices :) from the first post and pictures )
Thanks for the chance :)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The prices for the Q68 board has not changed the only increase was the fitting of the QL Network sockets to the Q68 case, This means building the QL Network circuit, drilling the mounting holes and fitting to the case.

The current price list is:

Q68 Main Board: £150.00
Q68 built into custom case, with QL NET Connections: £190.00
PS/2 Splitter: £2.00

All Q68 configuration come with: 4Gb SDHC Card, SMSQ/E and Application software.

Shipping costs are extra and will be calculated when the Q68 order is placed.

Sorry about the off topic mixing of the thread, pity we did not have moderators...
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
vezhlys
ROM Dongle

Post by vezhlys »

Peter, I would be really interested to run NetBSD (I am using it on daily basis and even became a dev recently). Not sure though, how difficult it would be to port the system. But I guess that would also mean a new board is required?.

Ronan Ward
ROM Dongle

Post by Ronan Ward »

Hi Derek,

I added my name to the Q68 list some months back. At the time you said possibly September. Just wondering if there is an update.

I tried a private message but not sure if it worked.

Thanks

Ronan Ward

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Ronan Ward wrote:Hi Derek,

I added my name to the Q68 list some months back. At the time you said possibly September. Just wondering if there is an update.

I tried a private message but not sure if it worked.

Thanks

Ronan Ward
Hi Ronan,

I replied to your PM.

I sm sorry about the delay in Q68 production, I have been a little busy doing other work. Like the wife wanted every room in my house painted, I have 3 gardens belonging to eldery relatives to cut grass and remove weeds.

I seem to have not much time these days , I thought being retired I would have too much time on my hands.

I have received the Q68 PCB quotes and I am in the process of initialising the fabrication of PCBs and arranging the procurment of the PCB parts, I also have to make QL Network circuitry, modify the Case to suit.

I build the Q68 in a bedroom, which maybe required for someone to sleep in!!!!

So I must apologise for the delay, I am trying my best

Regards,

Derek
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware Derek. Keep up the good work -- when you find the time.

PS. Don't get a puppy, you won;t have any time at all, even for sleeping!

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

How about an option without QLNET sockets? That would save work and time for those who don't need it.
And thanks for continuing to build the Q68 - even with the delays it is the only QL-compatible mainboard in production these days.