Q68 Order Process

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Q68 Order Process

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Whopper wrote:Thanks Derek.
Derek_Stewart wrote: Sorry about the negative comments...
Err... negative comments? About me?

Why would anyone take me seriously?

Whopper
Hi,

No not you, I mean to say, others in the past who showed interest, read my PM and did not reply, it would of been nice to be told they were not interested. This does delay the distribution process.

If you have not had a PM or email yet, this means I have not got to you in the waiting list.

So, if anyone get a PM or email offering a Q68 sale offer, I would be grateful, if there is no interest then please send me a PM or email declining the offer.

Regards,

Derek
paulscottrobson
ROM Dongle

Post by paulscottrobson »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
paulscottrobson wrote:Hi, haven't had a PM yet re Q68 , is there a delay ?
Hi Paul,

The only delay is the demand for the Q68, I have your request recorded and will be in touch as soon as I am in a position to complete the order.

Another possible reason for delays, I have had many requests for the Q68, but when I offer a Q68, there is no reply. I give the offer requests at least a week before moving on to the next potential offer. This does delay the supply of the Q68.

I keep all requests for the Q68 and will re-offer a pre-sales Q68 to the people who did not bother to reply to my offer.
Thanks, much appreciated :) I will wait patiently.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Q68 Batch 2 Sales Information

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Should of been a PM, sorry for the trouble caused.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Hi Derek, I apologize if I did not give you any feedback of you sale, till now; I take the opportunity now. The Q68 was regularly arrived a month ago; all works perfectly and.... hey guys it's a joy working with this machine.
Thanks Derek an Peter for your work, I know it's an hard job because all of us has so little time to spend with this fantastic QL world.
I hope to see, in future, the possibility of using not only SMSQ with the Q68, but also the good old QDOS. Doing some experiments I noticed that Minerva rom is charged but don't boots. You said it's a question of keyboard driver, you know if exists any kind of driver somewhere? Or is there some other problem?

Hello to all

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

Thanks for your feedback. I have both QDOS Classic and Minerva basically working the Q68, but no time to maintain/release.
On Minerva, Jan (janbredenbeek here on Forum) and the UQLX author Richard Z. (ql-developers mailinglist) are more active than me at the moment, please feel free to contact them.

However, what would you expect from QDOS or Minerva on the Q68 that SMSQ/E can not also offer?

If it is just simplicity, nobody keeps you from starting SMSQ/E with your own, almost empty bootfile, in standard QL display modes.

All the best,
Peter

Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Peter you are right, and indeed what you suggest is what i have already done. I'm working to fix all the programs that don't run under SMSQ (not many really) and I' am very happy of my new baby. To tell the truth I think that a certain amount of older QL users is, how to say, lazy to learn and to explore the great possibilities of SMSQ, also due to lack of time. Surely I am one of them.
Anyway, thanks again for the great job, I am an happy Q68 user :D

Best regards
Marco

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Marco,

I am glad you like the Q68.

The SD Card contatains alot of software that will run on the Q68 in higher resolution. I tried to write an example boot file that starts up in Q68 DISP_MODE 1, which is 512x256 4/8 Colours.

Nearly all the Digital Precision software works in DIS_MODE 1, which is a very QL compatible screen mode.

There are other boot files to load applications like: QPAC2, Q-DOCK. There are other boot files to load environments like QL/E.

I must stress that these boot files are only examples that can be disgarded if required.

I would expect everyone to write their own boot files.

Personally, I do not use a mouse, I use Hotkeys to load programmes and if I need a pointer, then the cursor keys are used.

I use Q68 mostly in DISP_MODE 4, 1024x768 4 Colours, works very nice.

Also try using multitasking SBASIC which wotks better than Minerva and on QDOS Classic, Superbasic can not multitasked by having more than one Superbasic interpreter.

Regards,

Derek
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Marco,

I am glad you like the Q68.

The SD Card contatains alot of software that will run on the Q68 in higher resolution. I tried to write an example boot file that starts up in Q68 DISP_MODE 1, which is 512x256 4/8 Colours.

Nearly all the Digital Precision software works in DIS_MODE 1, which is a very QL compatible screen mode.

There are other boot files to load applications like: QPAC2, Q-DOCK. There are other boot files to load environments like QL/E.

I must stress that these boot files are only examples that can be disgarded if required.

I would expect everyone to write their own boot files.

Personally, I do not use a mouse, I use Hotkeys to load programmes and if I need a pointer, then the cursor keys are used.

I use Q68 mostly in DISP_MODE 4, 1024x768 4 Colours, works very nice.

Also try using multitasking SBASIC which wotks better than Minerva and on QDOS Classic, Superbasic can not multitasked by having more than one Superbasic interpreter.
Hi Derek.
I noticed the lot of software you have charged on the sd card, and I am having fun, actually, exploring it.
As I said, answering to the post of Peter, I have transferred the hard disk of my QL + Goldcard + Qubide, on an sd card and I have successfully created a multiboot to launch many frontends like Launchpad (thanks Dilwyn) Cueshell, Qpac2 and Qdock (this in the interesting DISP_MODE 6) all of them in the classic DISP_MODE 1. I think to focus my attention, by the time, on this mode.
I use a mouse, though it is not necessary, sometimes keyboard is much faster, especially with hotkeys.
I shall continue to explore the software on the sd card and experiment with it. In the future I hope to write some softaware, I am restudying Easyptr 4, the idea is to programme under SMSQ with Sbasic.

Best regards
Marco

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

My Q68 arrived today :D

ImageQ68 case front

ImageQ68 case rear

Thanks Derek

ImageImageImage

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Mark,

The only thing missing is a Q68 logo on front of case.

I tried to get 8mm letters 1mm thick. But not being successful.

I did do a 3D model in FreeCad of the Front Plate with raised logo letters. But no 3D printer to test it out.

Regards,

Derek