Q68 Order Process

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
danielktdoranie
ROM Dongle

Re: Q68 Order Process

Post by danielktdoranie »

I would like to order/buy an assembled Q68. Due to hand tremors, I can't solider. Please let me know who and when to pay and I will happily do so. Thanks!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

danielktdoranie wrote:I would like to order/buy an assembled Q68. Due to hand tremors, I can't solider. Please let me know who and when to pay and I will happily do so. Thanks!
Hi,

I have taken a note of interest in the Q68, I will add you to the waiting list and contact you when I can complete the order.

Regards,

Derek
danielktdoranie
ROM Dongle

Derek_Stewart wrote:
danielktdoranie wrote:I would like to order/buy an assembled Q68. Due to hand tremors, I can't solider. Please let me know who and when to pay and I will happily do so. Thanks!
Hi,

I have taken a note of interest in the Q68, I will add you to the waiting list and contact you when I can complete the order.
Thank you Derek! I am in Ireland.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

danielktdoranie wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:
Hi,

Thank you Derek! I am in Ireland.
Hi,

That is okay, I can ship to any country without any problems.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Can I put my name down for Q68 in case?

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote:Can I put my name down for Q68 in case?
Hi,

I will add your name to the wsiting list.

Regards,

Derek
Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

That makes me feel honored... Maybe I should again look into adding an MMU, so you can run something Unix-ish on it ;)

Are you only interested in Linux, or would NetBSD also be of interest? I had the idea to implement 68010 and Sun 2 MMU, as that is much simpler than one of the Motorola MMUs, and NetBSD supports it. One could probably just adapt the kernel and re-use a complete precompiled distribution.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Peter wrote:
That makes me feel honored... Maybe I should again look into adding an MMU, so you can run something Unix-ish on it ;)

Are you only interested in Linux, or would NetBSD also be of interest? I had the idea to implement 68010 and Sun 2 MMU, as that is much simpler than one of the Motorola MMUs, and NetBSD supports it. One could probably just adapt the kernel and re-use a complete precompiled distribution.
uClinux should run as is :-D

Im a Linux developer by trade, nothing against the BSD stuff, it just isnt what Im paid to do.

Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Peter »

XorA wrote:uClinux should run as is :-D
uCLinux would also be cool... I was held back somewhat because it seems completely unmaintained and I didn't see a nice GUI for it.
(Also the virus scanner drove me crazy when I had the uCLinux binary distro on my Windoze machine.)

danielktdoranie
ROM Dongle

Peter wrote:

Being an Amiga and m68k nerd, my understanding is NetBSD 9.2 needs at least a 68030 and 68882 FPU to run?