Case for Trump card clone

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
georgeo
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Case for Trump card clone

Post by georgeo »

Hi everyone,

I have purchased the excellent Trump card clone from Tetroid, as shown here:

http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detail ... face-10861

-and have been very happy with it. However, when installed it protrudes from the side of the QL by a couple of inches, exposing the electronics and making them more vulnerable to dust, knocks, spillage and (in my case) children.

Via a friend at Tynemouth Software, I have now found someone (called Michael Simpson) who can design and 3D-print a plastic case for my card, so that it is similarly protected to the original Trump card from Miracle Systems. I will loan Michael my Trump card to work from for dimensions, port locations, etc. I've also checked with Tetroid (Vitaliy) and confirmed that all of the Trump cards he has made have the same board dimensions and connector locations, so the case should fit any card from him.

I suspect that a number of people on this forum will have the same Trump card and may be interested to have a protective, plastic case. The greater the interest, the lower the price. Michael has proposed he can make 10 cases for £37 per unit, dropping to £27 per unit for 20 cases.

So, in the first instance, can you reply on this forum (or PM me) if you are interested in this. No commitment needed right now. Once I know the level of interest, we can liaise with Michael and work out a deal.

Hope this is interesting!
George.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Case for Trump card clone

Post by RWAP »

A great idea - it might be worth asking Vitaliy to send a message to those who have purchased the Trump Card clone - he has the option of doing this easily through sellmyretro :)

georgeo
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by georgeo »

Thanks. I had thought about that, though didn't realise it was made easy by SellMyRetro.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

georgeo wrote:Hi everyone,

I have purchased the excellent Trump card clone from Tetroid, as shown here:

http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/detail ... face-10861

-and have been very happy with it. However, when installed it protrudes from the side of the QL by a couple of inches, exposing the electronics and making them more vulnerable to dust, knocks, spillage and (in my case) children.

Via a friend at Tynemouth Software, I have now found someone (called Michael Simpson) who can design and 3D-print a plastic case for my card, so that it is similarly protected to the original Trump card from Miracle Systems. I will loan Michael my Trump card to work from for dimensions, port locations, etc. I've also checked with Tetroid (Vitaliy) and confirmed that all of the Trump cards he has made have the same board dimensions and connector locations, so the case should fit any card from him.

I suspect that a number of people on this forum will have the same Trump card and may be interested to have a protective, plastic case. The greater the interest, the lower the price. Michael has proposed he can make 10 cases for £37 per unit, dropping to £27 per unit for 20 cases.

So, in the first instance, can you reply on this forum (or PM me) if you are interested in this. No commitment needed right now. Once I know the level of interest, we can liaise with Michael and work out a deal.

Hope this is interesting!
George.
Great buying and great idea ;)

robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

I'm interested in one of these cases.

Put me down for 1.

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
Lurch666
ROM Dongle

Post by Lurch666 »

A bit cheeky but just wondering if you could share the STL for those of us with a 3D printer already. ;)

You rang......
eebuckeye
ROM Dongle

Post by eebuckeye »

I'm interested but 37 is pretty steep. Any chance we could buy the stl file for much cheaper if nothing else?

Alexlag
ROM Dongle

Post by Alexlag »

Hello.

Please sign me up for one! :)

BR, Alex
Gråbo, Sweden

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Alexlag wrote:Hello.

Please sign me up for one! :)

BR, Alex
Gråbo, Sweden
Hello, and welcome to the Forum, our 398th member!

georgeo
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by georgeo »

Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who have responded to date. Can I ask anyone else who is interested to let me know by the end of the week (say, end of Sunday 8th). I'll then see how many notes of interest we have, and liaise with Michael re. pricing and option to access the STL file.

Thanks again,
George.