value miracle super gold card 2

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
joemustang65
ROM Dongle

value miracle super gold card 2

Post by joemustang65 »

Hi ,
I'm new here. old spectrum user during my childhood and not so familiar with ql.

A friend of mine has a bunch of Ql and ZX stuff from his dad that he wants to sell .
Just had a quick look through some of the boxes and found a miarcle gold card 2 in there.
I found a bit of extra info on some ql webites and it seems that this card is the rarest of them all.
there's still a lot of stuff that i wil have to verify and during the following days I will post a few topics to help me identify some of the unkown parts.

but for now, we are both very curious about the value of this super gold card.
I saw the regular gold card sell for around 150£ but couln't find a super one for sale.

So could anyone give me rough estimate for this card ?

thanks

joe

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: value miracle super gold card 2

Post by Mr_Navigator »

I think you have answered you own question £150+, however it will depend on demand at the time you intend to sell it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
joemustang65
ROM Dongle

Post by joemustang65 »

So even if its rarer it sells at the same as the first gold card?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Are you talking of a Gold Card, or Super Gold Card (there is a big difference in performance).

The Gold Card (whether it is 1 or 2) sell for around £110-£150.
There is no real difference between Gold Card 1 or 2. A Gold Card has a large heatsink which protrudes from the end of the board and has just a disk drive socket next to it.

Super Gold Cards sell for around £200-£250 Super Gold Cards have three sockets on the end of them -a parallel port and two disk drive sockets.

(presuming that they are still working). If none working they are expensive door stops.

joemustang65
ROM Dongle

Post by joemustang65 »

Rich,

just checked your webiste it's a gold card 2 .
Had a better look at boxes , and I got most of the stuff sorted now (thanks to the manuals that where in the box and the references on your site.

just one card and 1 interface are unidentified so i will post some pics of these items later.
i think its a 4 slot rom holder

How can i test these cards? Cause I do not want to mess them up due to wrong handling .

cards that are in the boxes :
miracle gold card 2
miracle 512k expanderam
miracle centronic printer interface (boxed)
sandy super q board mouse
cst ql interface boxed
jurgen falkenberg Ql keyboard-90 (not sure if complete)
jurgen falkenberg scanner a/d interface (not complete)

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The only way of testing them is to plug them into a working QL and connect up a disk drive to see if you can format a floppy disk, save and load from disk.

The best way of connecting them to a working QL is to open the QL case, so you can see the expansion connector inside (beware you may break the keyboard membranes). If you don't do this, there is always the danger that you will bend one or more of the pins in the QL's expansion connector when inserting various cards.