Aurora somewhere?

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Aurora somewhere?

Post by Dave »

The Aurora uses some custom logic that is hard to reproduce. We have the same amount of programmed logic as PCBs. If we can find the way to make more we will (it also suits our internal purposes) but I suspect it would be quite hard to make your own Aurora PCBs for this reason.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Dave wrote:The Aurora uses some custom logic that is hard to reproduce. We have the same amount of programmed logic as PCBs. If we can find the way to make more we will (it also suits our internal purposes) but I suspect it would be quite hard to make your own Aurora PCBs for this reason.
Yet another QL FPGA where the source is lost?

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

We'll update you on that when we have more info. Hopefully, it is safe. However, it's not just code. It's programmers, and the correct devices too. A trifecta of needs.

Nasta
Gold Card

Post by Nasta »

PLD sources are available on the yahoo group and have been public for years.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I was wondering when you'd show up... :)

Paul
Gold Card

Post by Paul »

Could someone please post a link for the Google or yahoo group where all these fantastic information can be found?
I really tried searching the web but somehow did not find the proper key words, I'm afraid.
Kind regards
Paul

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Paul,
The Google group has a bit of a problem, as it's been long dormant and apparently the maintainer doesn't any more maintaining. (I used to have a link somewhere, but somehow lost it, because I tried to join and never got an answer)

If someone has still access, it would most probably make sense to save some of the contents there and rescue it to a more public place.

Tobias

(And, thinking about it, I'm not even sure whether it was a google or yahoo group - I'd rather think the latter)

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Nasta
Gold Card

Post by Nasta »

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/QLHARDWARE/info

As I am the owner of the group, I can pull all the files and send them to someone who can put them somewhere more public - I'm open to suggestions.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Nasta,

Why not put the file on Dilwyn's web site, this is a good central point for all QL related files.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Nasta,

Why not put the file on Dilwyn's web site, this is a good central point for all QL related files.
Happy to do this. I already have a page for the QL-SD stuff, could do the same with Nasta's documents. If Nasta wishes to do this, I'll happily provide the space.

If Nasta would like to email me the files with a small text about what's what to help me organise it all clearly, or put them in a Dropbox or similar for me to download, we can aim to preserve all these important files.

Dilwyn