QPC2, expanding .WIN files.

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
prime
Trump Card

QPC2, expanding .WIN files.

Post by prime »

Hi all,

Is there an easy way of creating an expanded version of the demo .WIN files that comes with QPC2? As IIRC, the one that comes with it has lots of software but almost no free space....
I guess I can format a new win file and then copy the software from win1_ to win2_

Cheers.

Phill.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: QPC2, expanding .WIN files.

Post by mk79 »

prime wrote:Is there an easy way of creating an expanded version of the demo .WIN files that comes with QPC2? As IIRC, the one that comes with it has lots of software but almost no free space....
I guess I can format a new win file and then copy the software from win1_ to win2_
That's the way. Just drag&drop the top level directories in CueShell from the old drive to the newly formatted one, it's just a few clicks.

prime
Trump Card

Re: QPC2, expanding .WIN files.

Post by prime »

mk79 wrote:
prime wrote:Is there an easy way of creating an expanded version of the demo .WIN files that comes with QPC2? As IIRC, the one that comes with it has lots of software but almost no free space....
That's the way. Just drag&drop the top level directories in CueShell from the old drive to the newly formatted one, it's just a few clicks.
Cheers, that seems to have done the trick, so I can put some of my own software on there now if I need :)

Was easy once I worked out how to use CueShell, and what the mouse buttons did :)

Cheers.

Phill.