sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Post by NormanDunbar »

And even is usable in a Raspberry Pi zero, the old one. It goes even better on the new one.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

And it is much more usable on higher-resolution displays, because it can scale its display, something uqlx was never able to do.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

https://github.com/SinclairQL/sQLux/releases/tag/v1.0.2

v1.0.2 is out now to fix the bug I discovered last night while playing with _scr files. Loading one to screen from host filesystem now works as expected.

Also snuck in two new basic extensions, SCR_LLEN, and SCR_BASE working pretty much as described in the reference manual. Channel number is not a valid argument though!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have a iMac (Late 2006), that needs a new DVD Drive fitted, can sQLux run on this iMac.

Mind you I do not like the MAC OSX, but this iMac was on £15 pound bought locally.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I have a iMac (Late 2006), that needs a new DVD Drive fitted, can sQLux run on this iMac.

Mind you I do not like the MAC OSX, but this iMac was on £15 pound bought locally.
Basically you need to install homebrew and use that to install a compile and SDL2 library. Then i think it should work. I cant distribute mac binaries as I am too cheap to buy a signing key.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

Basically you need to install homebrew and use that to install a compile and SDL2 library. Then i think it should work. I cant distribute mac binaries as I am too cheap to buy a signing key.
Hi,

Thanks for the information, I might just fix the iMac and see if I can sell it with a QL Emulator running.

Regards,

Derek
Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

XorA wrote:v1.0.2 is out now to fix the bug I discovered last night while playing with _scr files. Loading one to screen from host filesystem now works as expected.
It is very easy to run in windows it is just click and go straight in to a game. :? Eliminated the game by renaming the ini file. I was curious what it would do with the Tyche ROM but it didn't like it any more than uQlx as expected I supposed. :roll: It was explained to me why uQlx didn't run it but to me the internal ROM and ROM port are just ROM so you would expect that block of memory to be contiguous and stuff just plonked in it to run. :roll: Why complicate things?

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Ruptor wrote:
XorA wrote:v1.0.2 is out now to fix the bug I discovered last night while playing with _scr files. Loading one to screen from host filesystem now works as expected.
It is very easy to run in windows it is just click and go straight in to a game. :? Eliminated the game by renaming the ini file. I was curious what it would do with the Tyche ROM but it didn't like it any more than uQlx as expected I supposed. :roll: It was explained to me why uQlx didn't run it but to me the internal ROM and ROM port are just ROM so you would expect that block of memory to be contiguous and stuff just plonked in it to run. :roll: Why complicate things?
That has been explained on this forum before.

Would need a fully commented dissassembly of Tyche to even consider adding support for it! MAME should run it though.

Graeme

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

XorA wrote:Would need a fully commented dissassembly of Tyche to even consider adding support for it! MAME should run it though.
It doesn't matter since my QL runs Tyche it just seems strange that an emulation doesn't. Nice job on the sQlux thanks.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Hi XORA!

Thanks for the new sqlux version. Attached is a zip that patches suqlx to have at least a half-baked German keyboard table (I couldn't get the "^/°" and "´/`" keys to map, but all other keys should work properly. I honestly couln't get my head around how the keys are injected into the emulator....).

The table is activated by adding an entry "KBD = DE" in sqlux.ini and you obviously need to use an MGG ROM or a German keyboard driver for Minerva. Default and fallback is still your original table.

(I coldn't remember my Github login, so needs to go this way)
sqlux_GERMAN.zip
(11.99 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO