QLE-PV

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

QLE-PV

Post by simon629 »

Hi Everyone This is About The New QLE-PV I have Made for Urs and I am Waiting for Urs to Have a Lock at it to See what he Thinks of it I Have Worked Very Very Hard This Morning on Getting QLE-PV Ready so Urs if you see This Post can you Please Check your Emails OK Thanks Simon Foster

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QLE-PV

Post by Derek_Stewart »

simon629 wrote:Hi Everyone This is About The New QLE-PV I have Made for Urs and I am Waiting for Urs to Have a Lock at it to See what he Thinks of it I Have Worked Very Very Hard This Morning on Getting QLE-PV Ready so Urs if you see This Post can you Please Check your Emails OK Thanks Simon Foster
Can you summarise the differences from the downable Q/E v3.20

Regards,

Derek
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by simon629 »

Yes it has Got QLE 3.20 but or so it has Got My Version of QLE 3.17 it has some Payware Software Like The Full Version of Q-Route and some Payware Games Like Lonely Joker and Black Knight and Q-Word I bought some Software and Games From Rich Mellor you see QLE-PV Stands for QLE Paid Version

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

It is good you have been able to programme your QL, but I have got all the Payware software you list.

So no thank you.

Regards,

Derek
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Simon,

You can't distribute the paid software with a free distribution as that breaches copyright!

Rich

simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by simon629 »

NO Rich I No That I Was hoping Urs Would Put it out for £45.00 or what. do you think Rich

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

You say:
simon629 wrote:NO Rich I No That I Was hoping Urs Would Put it out for £45.00 or what. do you think Rich
But in an earlier message:
simon629 wrote:Yes it has Got QLE 3.20 but or so it has Got My Version of QLE 3.17 it has some Payware Software Like The Full Version of Q-Route and some Payware Games Like Lonely Joker and Black Knight and Q-Word I bought some Software and Games From Rich Mellor you see QLE-PV Stands for QLE Paid Version
Did you buy the Copyright or get the Paid Software released as free software?

Regards,

Derek
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

simon629 wrote:NO Rich I No That I Was hoping Urs Would Put it out for £45.00 or what. do you think Rich
I don't think that's how it works. You can't just bundle free software with paid software embedded in it and then sell that. Even if you give some of the money to Rich from RWAP, (assuming that's where you bought it from) you still can't do that unless you negotiate directly with him. In fact he is the one that should bundle it, not you. Unless you reached out to the original authors and created some sort of licensing agreement, then you could do that but from your posts it doesn't seem like that's what you did. This all seems not legal to me unless I'm missing something.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

I don't think that's how it works. You can't just bundle free software with paid software embedded in it and then sell that.
That depends on the respective licenses. See Ubuntu for example.

[mod hat on]

But in this case unless Rich can confirm he sold reselling rights to Simon I think we can probably close this thread as warez thread.

[mod hat off]

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Twenty years ago I produced a Q60 Computer system, which had an optional software package of Commerical Software sold by Jochen Merz Software.

I have permission to resell under licence: Qpac2, FiFi, QD

Which I had to pay a licence fee for every dale of the software package with every Q60 sale.

Interestingly enogh, the Q60 software is now all free.

This is very similiar to the question being dicussed here.

I doubt the Ubuntu Licence is relevant to the copyright of older QL software.

Regards,

Derek