A small QL

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Re: A small QL

Post by Peter »

M68008 wrote:Some 3D printing fun
Awesome! :D Let me know if you are interested in the Qzero and adapting that beautiful case. ;)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

What 3D Printer are you using?

Regards,

Derek
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Peter wrote:Awesome! :D Let me know if you are interested in the Qzero and adapting that beautiful case. ;)
It indeed looks great.

But the main problem with this is that the QZero is light, the connected cables should not keep the light weight.
This is what happens to me with a USB TV card, the thing is so light that the cables constantly want to move it.

4E75 7000
M68008
Trump Card

Post by M68008 »

RalfR wrote: But the main problem with this is that the QZero is light, the connected cables should not keep the light weight.
This is what happens to me with a USB TV card, the thing is so light that the cables constantly want to move it.
Yeah, it's an issue with some of these modern devices. Maybe glue an anvil to it? :D :D

M68008
Trump Card

Post by M68008 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:What 3D Printer are you using?
I got a Creality Ender 3.

M68008
Trump Card

Post by M68008 »

Peter wrote:Awesome! :D Let me know if you are interested in the Qzero and adapting that beautiful case. ;)
I'm not volunteering :) as I'm new to 3D modeling and it takes me ages to get anything done, but probably changing a few dimensions wouldn't be too bad... feel free to send a technical diagram my way if you like and I can give it a quick try. No promises.
Last edited by M68008 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

M68008 wrote:Yeah, it's an issue with some of these modern devices. Maybe glue an anvil to it? :D :D
I have put two 6GB harddisks on it, That's safe :D

4E75 7000
Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

M68008
Trump Card

Post by M68008 »

:D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

M68008 wrote:
I'm not volunteering :) as I'm new to 3D modeling and it takes me ages to get anything done, but probably changing a few dimensions wouldn't be too bad... feel free to send a technical diagram my way if you like and I can give it a quick try. No promises.
Hi,

I think the main problem with producing may 3D Cases is not the quality of the output, but the scalability of producing 3D printed Cases in batches of 10.

Personally, I would have a good 3D printer to make proto-types and use a 3D Printing Company to produce the high quantity items.

I do have 3D printer, but is only a DaVinci junior, which does not have the resolution to print fine surface finishes. My other problem is I do not have anywhere to locate a 3D Printer.

Regards,

Derek