Ubuntu 14.04.4 and uqlx2017

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Martin_Head
Aurora

Re: Ubuntu 14.04.4 and uqlx2017

Post by Martin_Head »

And here is a uqlx2017 version of the IPRouter program.
uqlxRouter_cde.zip
(1.62 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
I had to make changes to the routine that reads packets (IP_RECV) to restore the value of A1 on return.

It looks like there is a difference in IP_RECV between QPC2 and UQLX with the value of A1 on return from the Trap#3

Again if you want to try it in uqlx2018, you would need to patch the very end of the program. Change the *TCP_ and *SCK_ to TCP_ and SCK_, and alter the word lengths from 5 to 4.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

uQlx adds the number of bytes received to A1

aReg[1] = qaddr+res;

where qaddr was the value of A1 on entry to routine!

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

XorA wrote:uQlx adds the number of bytes received to A1

aReg[1] = qaddr+res;

Oh well, that might make sense in some context but is contrary to the spec the uQLx author himself wrote... :(

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

mk79 wrote:
XorA wrote:uQlx adds the number of bytes received to A1

aReg[1] = qaddr+res;

Oh well, that might make sense in some context but is contrary to the spec the uQLx author himself wrote... :(
An easy fix for someone though :D

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Here is a round up of my Network driver and Router for UQLX, both the 2017 and the two 2018 versions.

The uqlx2018 Network driver should also work OK in QPC2. The next time I do an update to the main network driver, I will make it include uqlx2018.
I don't know what I will do about a uqlx2017 version. I may just make a patch program to convert the driver to be uqlx2017 compatible for anyone who wants it.

I have also included a qulx2017 version of my IPBasic program.
Attachments
uqlx2017IPBasic_cde.zip
(4.69 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
uqlx2018Router_cde.zip
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
uqlx2017Router_cde.zip
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
uqlx2018NETdriver_cde.zip
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
uqlx2017NETdriver_cde.zip
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Martin_Head wrote:Here is a round up of my Network driver and Router for UQLX, both the 2017 and the two 2018 versions.

The uqlx2018 Network driver should also work OK in QPC2. The next time I do an update to the main network driver, I will make it include uqlx2018.
I don't know what I will do about a uqlx2017 version. I may just make a patch program to convert the driver to be uqlx2017 compatible for anyone who wants it.

I have also included a qulx2017 version of my IPBasic program.
Forget 2017, 2018 is the same with changes you requested, people can upgrade safely!

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

One question: Can anyone access the native and/or USB floppy drives on Ubuntu (or another real Linux) with uQLx? On Windows with WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) I can neither access the native nor the USB floppy drive. QPC2 at least can access the USB floppy, unfortunately not the native floppy.

If anyone can access the real floppy, please post your .uqlxrc file here. Thank you.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

ql_freak wrote:One question: Can anyone access the native and/or USB floppy drives on Ubuntu (or another real Linux) with uQLx? On Windows with WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) I can neither access the native nor the USB floppy drive. QPC2 at least can access the USB floppy, unfortunately not the native floppy.

If anyone can access the real floppy, please post your .uqlxrc file here. Thank you.
Does it work with an image floppy file?

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have install this on my Mint Linux 18.3 x64 Laptop, it works well and behaves the same the version I complied from the source code. Which is good as Linux does not really have a standard complied binary platform for each distribution. But if we all use a Ubuntu base then this can be established.

The problems arise when some one is using Debian or RedHat, where the Ubuntu binaries may not run at all.

I have configured my UQLX system to start for a Icon on the Desktop with the command line:

/home/derek//uqlx/qm_x86-64 -b 'lrun win1_boot'

Pity the BOOT device could not be defined in the configuration file.

According to the uqlx.html file
uqlx/docs/uqlx.html wrote: It is also possible to use real QDOS floppies, but some care must be taken. Especially disk swaps will only be recognised when all files are closed.
The uqlx.html file gives an example for a floppy image as:

DEVICE = FLP1,~/qm/DiskImage2,qdos-fs

I would guess the entry in the configuration file for the floppy device may be:

DEVICE = FLP1,/dev/fd0,qdos-fs

This assuming a builtin floppy controller.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I have install this on my Mint Linux 18.3 x64 Laptop, it works well and behaves the same the version I complied from the source code. Which is good as Linux does not really have a standard complied binary platform for each distribution. But if we all use a Ubuntu base then this can be established.

The problems arise when some one is using Debian or RedHat, where the Ubuntu binaries may not run at all.
This happens so very rarely in real life that its probably not worth worrying people about! :-D

uQlx is not using the cutting edge of Linux API!

G