turbo, qlayw and Windows 8.0

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
gregtaylor
ROM Dongle

turbo, qlayw and Windows 8.0

Post by gregtaylor »

Hi, has anyone tried the above combination? Running qlayw in Windows XP in a virtual PC works fine and I can execute the compiled program. I can run Turbo under WIndows 8.0, the turbo toolkit loads, program compiles but then if I try to execute the task (with or without wait) then the emulator just closes, no error message or anything. I just wondered if anyone had found a solution as it is so much quicker to run in native Windows 8 rather than have to wait to load the virtual PC copy.

Greg

XorA
Site Admin

Re: turbo, qlayw and Windows 8.0

Post by XorA »

Did you try setting the compatibility options to XP?

gregtaylor
ROM Dongle

Post by gregtaylor »

Actually, that seems to make it worse. The turbo toolkit fails to load and randomly, the win_ and mdv_ drives simply vanish. Running in normal Win 8 mode seems the most stable apart from the inability to execute turbo compiled code. Odd since I can run all sorts of other apps.

gregtaylor
ROM Dongle

Post by gregtaylor »

Incidentally, I get the same error with newly upgraded Windows 10. On the other hand, all the QL emulators seem to run fine otherwise. I gather the upgrade has been updated already, mine went on like a dream. Makes quite a change for MS ;)