sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby Derek_Stewart » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:03 pm

HI,

OK, got it now, I must say the documentation is a little sketchy.

Can a DEVICE be setup as a BDI file?


Regards,

Derek
User avatar
XorA
Aurora
Posts: 983
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby XorA » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:23 pm

Derek_Stewart wrote:HI,

OK, got it now, I must say the documentation is a little sketchy.

Can a DEVICE be setup as a BDI file?


No, the devices setup by device= are emulated.


Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby Derek_Stewart » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:15 pm

OK, thanks for the information and help.


Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby Derek_Stewart » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:28 am

Hi,

The command:

BDI1 = QL_BDI.BIN

loads the BDI file as stated in the manual and in this thread.

Can the location of the BDI file be specified so that maybe a mounted SD Card or Compact Flash could be used, giving a process of of updating a BBQL QubIDE interface with SD Card or Compact Flash.


Regards,

Derek
User avatar
XorA
Aurora
Posts: 983
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby XorA » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:45 pm

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

The command:

BDI1 = QL_BDI.BIN

loads the BDI file as stated in the manual and in this thread.

Can the location of the BDI file be specified so that maybe a mounted SD Card or Compact Flash could be used, giving a process of of updating a BBQL QubIDE interface with SD Card or Compact Flash.


Code: Select all

BDI1 = /media/derek/QL-SD/QL_BDI.BIN


Should be fully function, you can put any valid linux path in there (not so sure about windows paths).


User avatar
XorA
Aurora
Posts: 983
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby XorA » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:13 pm

I assume no-one is trying to run the x86_64 (64bit) version of sQLux on Windows XP 64bit?


User avatar
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1859
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:04 am
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby NormanDunbar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:43 pm

Definitely not me.


Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arduino-Softwa ... 1484257898, https://www.apress.com/gb/book/9781484257890
User avatar
tofro
Font of All Knowledge
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm
Location: SW Germany

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby tofro » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:11 pm

XorA wrote:I assume no-one is trying to run the x86_64 (64bit) version of sQLux on Windows XP 64bit?


If that's of any help, I'm running it on 64bit MacOS

file ./sqlux
./sqlux: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64


ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
User avatar
XorA
Aurora
Posts: 983
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Shotts, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby XorA » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:14 pm

tofro wrote:
XorA wrote:I assume no-one is trying to run the x86_64 (64bit) version of sQLux on Windows XP 64bit?


If that's of any help, I'm running it on 64bit MacOS

file ./sqlux
./sqlux: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64


It’s main development is a m1 cpu.

It’s more implementing that q68 timer makes it incompatible with Windows XP. So I’ll probably disable what on win32 but enable it on win64 and people will need to use win7 or later.


Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire, UK

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Postby Derek_Stewart » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:03 am

Hi,

I tried using Windows 10 last week instead of Linux, and it looked really bad, so bad to Linux Mint 19.3, at least everything runs on my system that I require.


Regards,

Derek

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests