sQLux Foibles

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
XorA
Aurora

Re: sQLux Foibles

Postby XorA » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:41 pm

So people paying attention would have noticed that under Minerva sQLux did have some screen corruption (it only exists on screen not in memory)

I believe with my latest set of changes this is now all fixed. I think now all writes from the VM are now arriving correctly on screen. And even better it does not seem to have affected performance negatively on slow devices like Pi0.

Interesting question is on a BBQL are the pixels always square? (also this goes for the clones).

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Postby Derek_Stewart » Tue May 25, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi,

I updated the Github files for sQLux and compiled the emulator easily first time.

I like the move to cmake and the updated commad line options.

Nice work.

Regards,

Derek
Peter
QL Wafer Drive

Postby Peter » Thu May 27, 2021 2:08 pm

XorA wrote:Interesting question is on a BBQL are the pixels always square? (also this goes for the clones).

No they are not. In 512x256 QL MODE 4, I double horizontally and triple vertically for VESA standard 1024x768 on 4:3 monitor.
That roughly provides the QL aspect ratio seen on CRT historically.

XorA
Aurora

Postby XorA » Thu May 27, 2021 2:12 pm

Peter wrote:
XorA wrote:Interesting question is on a BBQL are the pixels always square? (also this goes for the clones).

No they are not. In 512x256 QL MODE 4, I double horizontally and triple vertically for VESA standard 1024x768 on 4:3 monitor.
That roughly provides the QL aspect ratio seen on CRT historically.

Thanks, Ill give that a go in the GFX options and see how it looks. (Ill leave it as an option)