QL-VGA v2...

Please post user feedback when you buy or sell.
martyn_hill
Aurora

QL-VGA v2...

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi everyone!

I've just taken receipt of 2 of Marcel's marvellous QL-VGA (v2) adapters via SMR and am a very happy bunny!

Rich (RWAP Services) had them delivered within two days of ordering and the little beauties work like a charm on both my 2 Dell LCD displays (a 4:3 and a 16:9 unit.)

Almost disappointed that I didn't have to tweak anything or adjust any dip-switches - being the tinkerer that I am :-)

The only problem now is how I will ever cope with going back to using a QL connected via SCART !!!

Great product and service - thank you!

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QL-VGA v2...

Post by RWAP »

Thanks for the feedback (remember to leave some on SellMyRetro). Getting them out of Germany was a bit of a nightmare, but there are a few left on SellMyRetro now.

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

RWAP wrote:remember to leave some on SellMyRetro...
Done :-)

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Oh wow, thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it! I knew through tracking that the package had been delivered (according to the signature to some rapper named "X Pi" I guess), but even I didn't know that it was on sale already :-o

I have now updated my page with the actual manual for this version (not that it is really needed as you have experienced) and the files to make a 3d printed case for it: https://www.kilgus.net/ql/ql-vga

And yes, it took me 4 weeks and many many wasted hours to try to send all boards to Rich in one go due to customs regulations. In the end I didn't even succeed, so I still have some boards left to send out. But at least the first batch arrived well apparently. Time for celebration! 8-)

Cheers, Marcel

BackToQL
ROM Dongle

Post by BackToQL »

Thanks for posting that they are available.

Well one less now as I ordered one. Looking forward to getting it :-)

Regards,
Peter.

BackToQL
ROM Dongle

Post by BackToQL »

Big thanks to Marcel for the 'worked straight out of the box' hardware & Rich at RWAP for very quick dispatch. I wasn't expecting it so quickly :-)

Regards,
Peter.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

BackToQL wrote:Big thanks to Marcel for the 'worked straight out of the box' hardware & Rich at RWAP for very quick dispatch. I wasn't expecting it so quickly :-)
Glad you like it! Cheers! :-)

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

I'll second that - this arrived remarkably quickly and looks a well designed board. Loving the black PCB. :-)

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I have also asked for a couple of quotes for a 3D printed csae - so we will see.

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi Rich!
RWAP wrote:I have also asked for a couple of quotes for a 3D printed csae - so we will see.
I'd be very interested in a pair of cases for my 2 adapters!