Derek - Q68

Please post user feedback when you buy or sell.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Derek - Q68

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I just wanted to thank Derek for the Q68 that he supplied me, and which despite my best efforts to destroy on day one with my dodgy power supply, is working fine and makes me smile each time I switch it on.

The ordering process was straightforward and delivery was quick.

Packaging was well padded and there did not seem to be any danger of damage in transit.

Derek also emailed me a support email when I went through the panic of PSUgate.

So, thank you. :)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Derek - Q68

Post by dilwyn »

Nice to hear you've got it up and running and that Derek is working so hard to make, sell and support these machines.

Please let us know how you get on with your new "baby".

I hope to get a Q68 myself in time, at the moment I don't have the time to justify ordering a Q68 just yet while Derek is still flat out making them (as much as I'd love to have one!), may as well let those with greater need have the earlier ones.

johnh
ROM Dongle

Re: Derek - Q68

Post by johnh »

Another happy Q68 owner!

Just when I was starting to think that my place in the Q68 batch 2 queue had somehow slipped, Derek contacted me to let me know that "my number had come up" and within two working days, my well-packaged Q68 had been delivered by UPS.

Sod's Law dictated that when it arrived I was busy with other things and had to resist the temptation to immediately start playing with my new "toy" but I have now had a chance to set it up and can confirm that everything works as advertised :)

As a learning exercise I created a SDHC card with SMSQ/E V3.33 on it (rather than the supplied V3.32) and copied the set of .WIN files that I use with QPC2 and SMSQmulator onto it. With just a few minor changes to my BOOT file, the Q68 presented me with my familar QPAC2-based desktop in my preferred 1024x768 resolution (but in Mode 16 rather than Mode 32 to ease the strain on the CPU).

Well done Peter, Wolfgang and Derek!

John Hall