Inactive members

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Inactive members

Post by dilwyn »

During an online chat session recently, I asked vanpeebles how many inactive members there were. IIRC, he took this to mean how many members have signed up, but never logged in, and hazarded a guess of 32 members who have never actually logged in.

I wonder if this means that these members only ever visit here as guests without logging in. or if they are "lapsed" members who no longer use QL Forum?

If you are someone who has joined QL Forum, but never actually logged in to write anything, but still visits the Forum to read postings, please could you perhaps reply to this just so we can test if my guess is correct or not?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Inactive members

Post by RWAP »

They may also be spammers / bots who created an account but didn't use a real email address, so could not confirm their registration

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I get updates from the Forum by RSS Feed.

So I maybe semi-inactive.

Derek

Regards,

Derek
MichaelGruber
ROM Dongle

Post by MichaelGruber »

dilwyn wrote: If you are someone who has joined QL Forum, but never actually logged in to write anything, but still visits the Forum to read postings, please could you perhaps reply to this just so we can test if my guess is correct or not?
I read the updates of this very useful forum regulary and with great benefit.

But I never log into the forum, because I let Blogtrottr.com feed the news in my email-inbox, where I read it. And since I did not have anyhing interesting to say until now, I never answered to any posts - but I enjoy reading them very much!

Michael

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Thank you :) And welcome! :)

Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Post by Simon_Carr »

Sorry, I've been rather inactive the past few months... I'm still around, but work, health and other projects have eaten up all my time recently. Just building a Harlequin Clone, and populating a DivMMC, and then will be getting back to the QL.

Anyway, I'm still about... Just a bit quiet...

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Shun the unposter. Shuuuuun. SHUUUUUUN! *points at Simon*

No, seriously though, good to hear you're in good health... oh, wait...

Feel better soon :)

Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Post by Simon_Carr »

Dave wrote:Shun the unposter. Shuuuuun. SHUUUUUUN! *points at Simon*

No, seriously though, good to hear you're in good health... oh, wait...

Feel better soon :)
Hmpf. :mrgreen:

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi All,
If you get your password wrong, you can use another, but not using the same email address. This locked me out for a couple of years. Now I have a second email account I am back on line.
Perhaps others have also had this problem?
Steve.

polka
Trump Card

Post by polka »

I cannot tell how many members never logged in, but looking at the post statistics of the member aera, it is easy to find out that 119 members never posted any message.

I am still often lurking rather often into this forum but by now have less to tell about the QL because for the time being I am more active with the Raspberry Pi 8-).

Bye (may the Forth be with you)
Paul

May the FORTH be with you !
POLKa