m68k.info talk with me

A place to discuss general QL issues.
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: m68k.info talk with me

Post by mk79 »

afx wrote:Marcel, congratulations!!, a nice presentation. Very interesting, I liked it a lot.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I just watched your video presentation, I think presentation was really interesting.
Thanks Derek!

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Very interesting presentation Marcel! I really enjoyed it.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

tofro wrote:What could indeed be done relatively easily is give each drive a variable prefix that could be set to be able to extend pathnames beyond their current limit - That would end up in something like the sub_ device mixed into the file system driver, allowing the system to dig deeper into a file system tree.

Obviously, that couldn't work with existing on-disk native QDOS file systems, and it would still be a kludge and not a real solution to the problem.

With a bit of clever thinking, I think it's way easier (and less error-prone) to work within the existing limits. I tend to have really big file systems and have actually not encountered a situation yet where I couldn't find a work-around with a bit of re-naming and moving stuff around.
I did this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2830&p=27710&hilit=driver#p27710 some time ago. But I did not go any further with it.