Page 6 of 7

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:53 am
by bwinkel67
Holy cow...Sinclair QL and Sinclair QL printer look mint in almost perfect boxes and come with dual floppy and card. FYI for any collectors out there.

Coming form the Netherlands with a 9 day auction currently at only $10.50 and it claims shipping is $15 There is a reserve and I'll be interested to see what it goes for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boxed-Sinclair-QL-with-printer-and-dual-3-5-drive-Mint-condition/254639093193?hash=item3b49ac35c9:g:kyQAAOSwyyZe-jHg

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 am
by grafvonb
bwinkel67 wrote:Holy cow...Sinclair QL and Sinclair QL printer look mint in almost perfect boxes and come with dual floppy and card. FYI for any collectors out there.

Wow, it is a collector's dream setup :P

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:40 pm
by Andrew
"The bid that you entered for the item (254639093193) has been cancelled.
This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." :o :shock:
It's the first time I see such a thing - I wonder if there really was an error in the listing or the seller sold the items privately.

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 pm
by Chr$
Andrew wrote:"The bid that you entered for the item (254639093193) has been cancelled.
This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." :o :shock:
It's the first time I see such a thing - I wonder if there really was an error in the listing or the seller sold the items privately.

Looks like he had an offer he couldn't refuse. That's annoying as we will never see it's natural level.

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 pm
by bwinkel67
At $500+ the cost to the seller to eBay goes up. I'm surprised that eBay let the seller get away with unlisting it. I wonder if the buyer had to give some sort of proof. I suppose if you say "the item has just been destroyed in a fire" what can eBay do. But I bet someone offered them "tax free" a larger amount.

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:48 pm
by janbredenbeek
It's still open on a Dutch trading site: https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1570241172

Jan

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:16 am
by grafvonb
janbredenbeek wrote:It's still open on a Dutch trading site: https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1570241172

I've contacted the seller. The Bundle was sold already on eBay. However he did not reveal the price. The latest known bid was $500...

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:47 am
by grafvonb
grafvonb wrote:
janbredenbeek wrote:It's still open on a Dutch trading site: https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1570241172

I've contacted the seller. The Bundle was sold already on eBay. However he did not reveal the price. The latest known bid was $500...

I just got the info that the Bundle was sold for 525€...

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 am
by bwinkel67
Wasn't he at 625€ on the Dutch site?

BTW, I think this UK eBay;er is struggling a bit. Is it a ZX81 or a Spectrum or an Amstrad CPC 464...no picture to clear things up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZX-81-Spectrum/164256202632

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:59 am
by grafvonb
bwinkel67 wrote:Wasn't he at 625€ on the Dutch site?

As I said, I contacted the seller directly. The final price was as above.