QL news told by the Spanish community

A place to discuss general QL issues.
badaman
Over Heated PSU

QL news told by the Spanish community

Post by badaman »

On Sunday May 24 we were invited to the special program on the Sinclair QL of "AmigaWave" on YouTube, a program that talks about the world of vintage computing. They gave us two hours to tell everything about an updated QL. The video is in Spanish, but perhaps for those who are curious, automatic translation can be useful through YouTube subtitles.

Watch the video (from minute 45): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98S2gCo-YXE

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: QL news told by the Spanish community

Post by mk79 »

That does indeed seem like a very nice presentation. The automatic translation often was no help ("Amiga" became "friend" and "QL" was often "google" I think), but most of the time I got the gist of it. Though I almost lost it at "magic mirror sex style" :-D
AmigaWave.png
Also, you played my Iron Maidens video. Every video with the Iron Maidens is a good video.

Cheers, Marcel

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

"magic mirror sex style" :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Thanks for seeing it.

For us it was very interesting and fun, but we were asked repeatedly during the video. What was the QL like that failed commercially in the 1980s?

Outside the QL community, there are still questions and a lot of ignorance about this machine and its history.

They were very surprised that the QL was still alive and with regular updates to its operating system and new software.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

mk79 wrote: Though I almost lost it at "magic mirror sex style" :-D
Three acts. I'm impressed.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Nice video stream, I switched off the subtiyles and practised my Spanish...

I think some oof thd older QL hardware description was good for someone who has never used a QL, probably a good insight into the current development.

I liked the presentation by AFX, of the varying systems from QL to Q68. Nicd to see someone thst cxn set a QL system up.

Regards,

Derek
afx
Trump Card

Post by afx »

Yes. We talk a lot about ql-sd, q68, smsq/e, multitasking, PE, etc. In general people see QL as a computer that died in 1986-87. I think people from other platforms are surprised by the evolution of the QL over the years.

Derek, did you see your QLNET installation on Q68? It was very nice to see QLNET in action.

Greetings!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

afx wrote:Yes. We talk a lot about ql-sd, q68, smsq/e, multitasking, PE, etc. In general people see QL as a computer that died in 1986-87. I think people from other platforms are surprised by the evolution of the QL over the years.

Derek, did you see your QLNET installation on Q68? It was very nice to see QLNET in action.

Greetings!
Hi,

Yes I saw the Q68 QL-LAN installation, it looks better than I thought.

I think it justified the work in case modification.

I did think about including the I2C connector on the other side of the case but there is an issue with space for the connector and installation of the board in the current case.

I might do a proto-type for myself and start doing YouTube videos about the Q68...

Regards,

Derek