QL Haul, list of Contents and questions!

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: QL Haul, list of Contents and questions!

Post by dilwyn »

Andrew wrote:
Chr$ wrote:Here we are. It's a windows zip file of the contents of that disk, not sure how that deals with the directory structure (it was copied to PC using qemulator).
Thank you!
QEmulator added QDOS headers to all files, including SBasic files. I will have to strip all of them before I can test the package.
Normally copying the file to RAM1_ or using QPC2 strips the header, but for some reason this doesn't seem to work for SBasic files. Well, i'll just write a small program to do that.
I presume the directories were named L1, L2, L3 P and W.
I wrote an article for a recent issue of Quanta magazine on the subject of how QemuLator modifies executable files, and how to remove the file preamble. This article is attached.

As Andrew said elsewhere, easiest way to avoid the problem is just to copy the files to be zipped to a QL device (e.g. ramdisk or QL format floppy disk) and zip from there and transfer the zipped file to Windows. Being zipped protects the headers from Windows. Copying the files to a QL format medium makes QemuLator realise the file modifications ain't necessary any more and it tries to strip them off the file during copying.
Attachment is a zipped quill/xchange doc file, had to zip it as the forum wouldn't let me upload the doc.
deqemulate.zip

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Thanks Dilwyn.

Andrew - I found the original user guide printed sheets that go with that Mathematical and Graphical toolkit.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote:Thanks Dilwyn.

Andrew - I found the original user guide printed sheets that go with that Mathematical and Graphical toolkit.
Don't suppose the maths toolkit is related to either of those on my site at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/tk/index.html?

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

dilwyn wrote: Don't suppose the maths toolkit is related to either of those on my site at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/tk/index.html?
No, it's from Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden. The notes say that it was the first one they created for the QL.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Chr$ wrote:Andrew - I found the original user guide printed sheets that go with that Mathematical and Graphical toolkit.
That would help a lot !
I managed to create some 2D and 3D plots of some simple functions, but the program is much more complex than that and I have no idea what most of the parameters mean

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Andrew wrote:
Chr$ wrote:Andrew - I found the original user guide printed sheets that go with that Mathematical and Graphical toolkit.
That would help a lot !
I managed to create some 2D and 3D plots of some simple functions, but the program is much more complex than that and I have no idea what most of the parameters mean
I'll see what I can do! I don't remember how many pages it was.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I don't know if I still have the manual in my stash of QL goodies from the preservation project...

However, I seem to recall that the manual was a large A4 ring bound manual (in a red cover) - certainly over 100 pages...

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The Mathematical and Graphical Tookit, was dold witj a floppy disk containing Superbasic exaples of mathematical and grahical example routines.

The manual was printed double A5 on A4 sheets, 312 pages in total.

I have found my manual and will scan the manual, ptofucing an A5 PDF file, mainly gor my benefit.

But there seems to be no copyright on the manual or software. If so I could make it downloadable.

Regards,

Derek
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

The Mathematical and Graphical Tookit, was dold witj a floppy disk containing Superbasic exaples of mathematical and grahical example routines.

The manual was printed double A5 on A4 sheets, 312 pages in total.

I have found my manual and will scan the manual, ptofucing an A5 PDF file, mainly gor my benefit.

But there seems to be no copyright on the manual or software. If so I could make it downloadable.
Oh, is it that large! I didn't get a chance to look today. How about we check that we have the same version and share the scanning duties?