QLWiki - Now with added templates

A place to discuss general QL issues.
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

QLWiki - Now with added templates

Post by NormanDunbar »

Afternoon all.

I've had a couple of requests by email, asking me to somehow provide a template so that people adding new pages to the Wiki, can have a "standard" layout for the pages. This has now been done.

Whenever you create a new page on the wiki, and start editing (you have to start editing) then a whole load of text will already be there in your "blank" page. This is set up with hopefully helpful comments describing what is needed etc. There are templates set up for the following pages which seem to be the ones with a reasonably standard content:
  • Books
  • Software
  • Hardware
  • People & Traders
  • Everything else!
I think I've got it sorted. Sadly, because the pages are all currently in the same namespace (qlwiki) I can't separate the templates so that we have one for books, one for software etc, the templates are specific to a namespace. Maybe a task for later....

So, the templates for all of the above are included, just delete what you don't need and fill in the rest according to the brief instructions.

If it all proves to be too much trouble, or causes no end of grief, then let me know and I'll bin the templates until we get the wiki organised into proper namespaces for the different categories. (Like I did with the images a while back - you are uploading to the correct namespace for images, aren't you! ;) )

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QLWiki - Now with added templates

Post by RWAP »

Thanks Norm - that is a great idea and should be very useful (I always just used to copy the content from an existing page).

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: QLWiki - Now with added templates

Post by NormanDunbar »

If anyone is interested, the template cannot be edited in the normal fashion, unfortunately. It must be edited offline, and re-uploaded to the appropriate wiki namespace. A bit of a pain in the rear, but there you are.

If there's anything needing changing, let me know and I'll sort it out.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.