NEMQLUG Meeting

A place to discuss general QL issues.
robheaton
Site Admin

NEMQLUG Meeting

Post by robheaton »

I'm hoping to attend the next NEMQLUG Meeting (THE NORTH EAST MANCHESTER QL USER GROUP)
This is to be held on the 29th September, directions and contact details are here - http://www.quanta.org.uk/subgroups/manchester/

Is anyone on here hoping to go too?

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: NEMQLUG Meeting

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Did you attend this meeting Rob? and if so any feedback?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
robheaton
Site Admin

Re: NEMQLUG Meeting

Post by robheaton »

I did attend the meeting, it was nice to put some faces to names.
There were only 5 of us in attendance, but it was still a good night!

It was nice to see a Pandora for real! Sadly no photos though :(
I also picked up the whole second year of Quanta magazines, which I'm working my way through scanning with OCR. John Gilpin has already scanned the first year, but it's a long process, as the original magazines were printed with a wacky font, so LOTS of proof reading to be done!

The plan is to get the older Quanta magaines scanned, OCRd, and uploaded onto the Quanta website for the public. The most recent couple of years will also be available, but for Quanta members only. It's a big project though, if anyone wants to help out with scanning or proof reading, please get in touch.

Special thanks goes to the Gilpins for hosting the meeting and making me feel welcome in their home. :)

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?