RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

A place to discuss general QL issues.
User avatar
Outsoft
Super Gold Card
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby Outsoft » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi to all guys.

I would like to put a second QL postation here in my office for make more fastly the dumps.

But here I've only VGA monitors, so I would like to know If someone can suggest me a good RGB to VGA upscaler.

I simply need to put the QL from his RGB in a 1024x768 resolution on a old 15" TFT monitor.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards.


User avatar
tofro
QL Wafer Drive
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm
Location: SW Germany

Re: RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby tofro » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Simone,

the cheap GBS-8220 RGB to VGA converters you get on eBay work quite well.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12&hilit=8220

Tobias


ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
User avatar
Outsoft
Super Gold Card
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby Outsoft » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:08 pm

tofro wrote:Simone,

the cheap GBS-8220 RGB to VGA converters you get on eBay work quite well.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12&hilit=8220

Tobias


ehm...I would like to find something that can accept a scart connection, is it possible?


User avatar
tofro
QL Wafer Drive
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm
Location: SW Germany

Re: RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby tofro » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:28 pm

SCART from the QL? Well, you'd need to solder a cable, then. The GBS-8220 wants R, G, B and composite sync from the QL.

Tobias


ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
User avatar
cercamon
ROM Dongle
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby cercamon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:37 pm

Outsoft wrote:
tofro wrote:Simone,

the cheap GBS-8220 RGB to VGA converters you get on eBay work quite well.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12&hilit=8220

Tobias


ehm...I would like to find something that can accept a scart connection, is it possible?


Yes it is possible. For example SCART to HDMI.
https://www.amazon.it/Scart-HDMI-HDMI-1 ... nvertitore

Not so cheap but a good investment as you can use it also for a number of other retro-computers (I use it also for Amiga, ST, Electron, C64, etc.).


Real QL beginner ;)
User avatar
Outsoft
Super Gold Card
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby Outsoft » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:18 pm

cercamon wrote:
Outsoft wrote:
tofro wrote:Simone,

the cheap GBS-8220 RGB to VGA converters you get on eBay work quite well.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12&hilit=8220

Tobias


ehm...I would like to find something that can accept a scart connection, is it possible?


Yes it is possible. For example SCART to HDMI.
https://www.amazon.it/Scart-HDMI-HDMI-1 ... nvertitore

Not so cheap but a good investment as you can use it also for a number of other retro-computers (I use it also for Amiga, ST, Electron, C64, etc.).


yes dear, is the same I use on my QL right now ;)

Just need to use it one at my office with a VGA monitor ^_^

I think is better to use a TV with HDMI too.


User avatar
cercamon
ROM Dongle
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby cercamon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:11 pm

I guess that you already had a look at this:
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/hardware/ql2vga.pdf

The first part includes a SCART to VGA adapter.


Real QL beginner ;)
User avatar
Outsoft
Super Gold Card
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: RGB to VGA upscaler for the QL

Postby Outsoft » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:52 pm

cercamon wrote:I guess that you already had a look at this:
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/hardware/ql2vga.pdf

The first part includes a SCART to VGA adapter.


Thanks dear!

The site is down, the Cart to Vga converter is exactly what I need ;)



Return to “General QL Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests