UK Voted to Leave the EU

A place to discuss general QL issues.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: UK Voted to Leave the EU

Post by vanpeebles »

That's a good joke :lol:

To be honest the remain press and the BBC are still churning out the pre referendum stuff, they are scaremongering people to regret what they have done. Seeing the reactions afterwards shows we have no right to be going round other countries forcing them to accept our ideals of democracy. We had a prime minster who was a bottler but also helped into power by royalty.

We need to take a long hard look at ourselves for a number of years after this. The total disconnect between politicians and every day people, the control/power the media has, the massive chasm between north and south which is now an opportunity, wealth, education and health gap.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Paul wrote:Do you know how much space is left in the EU?
1GB :D
Brilliant, well done Paul.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

vanpeebles wrote:That's a good joke :lol:

To be honest the remain press and the BBC are still churning out the pre referendum stuff, they are scaremongering people to regret what they have done. Seeing the reactions afterwards shows we have no right to be going round other countries forcing them to accept our ideals of democracy. We had a prime minster who was a bottler but also helped into power by royalty.

We need to take a long hard look at ourselves for a number of years after this. The total disconnect between politicians and every day people, the control/power the media has, the massive chasm between north and south which is now an opportunity, wealth, education and health gap.
"Never let the facts get in the way of a good headline"

That's how the British press have always worked. Have you noticed how in subjects of the day, interviewers always interrupt the interviewees unless they say exactly what the program wanted them to say (determined in advance).

I've just read a newspaper article (I posted it on my Facebook page), where Conwy Council in Wales published the minutes of meetings BEFORE the meeting was held, in other words, no discussion allowed, every result determined in advance (either that or GROSS incompetence - either way would you ever trust them again?).

When I lived at my previous address, there was a consultation on putting speed humps in the village - the speed hump signs went up BEFORE the consultation took place, i.e. the decision was made and the consultation was a sham (I agreed with putting the humps in because of the danger to kids from a minority of idiotic drivers, by the way). Too much experience of these things is why I will NEVER be a member of any political party.

Is it any wonder we have so little faith in those in public office in this country - we voted leave to give Cameron and Co. a bloody nose rather than go by any real facts.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Maybe we QLers could club together and buy a small Scottish Island. We could then declare independence for the new MicroDrive land :-)

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

XorA wrote:Maybe we QLers could club together and buy a small Scottish Island. We could then declare independence for the new MicroDrive land :-)
I'd consider this if you find us some Scottish dépendance somewhere in the Caribbean. :)

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

dilwyn wrote: Is it any wonder we have so little faith in those in public office in this country - we voted leave to give Cameron and Co. a bloody nose rather than go by any real facts.
I think that is one of the most honest comments on the vote I've heard in a while, thanks Dilwyn. Unfortunately, that's what they do, normally - Ask you to vote on things they assume they already know the outcome instead of things you really want to decide upon. This time struck back on them. Unfortunately, it's everyone who needs to live with the outcome.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

tofro wrote:
XorA wrote:Maybe we QLers could club together and buy a small Scottish Island. We could then declare independence for the new MicroDrive land :-)
I'd consider this if you find us some Scottish dépendance somewhere in the Caribbean. :)
Barbados has a large Scottish population due to the Indentured Servitude!

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Is it for sale?

:shock:

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

tofro wrote:Is it for sale?

:shock:
And where do we get passport applications?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Meanwhile, the UK negotiates concessions with the E.U. :
euconcessions.jpg