QDOS native TCP/IP demonstration at QLis30

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

QDOS native TCP/IP demonstration at QLis30

Post by Peter »

It looks there will be no ethernet based internet connection at QLis30. Since native TCP/IP requires a serial or ethernet connection, this would limit what I can demonstrate. I.e. only a connection to a PC could be established, not to the internet.

This could be resolved if one of the PCs at the event is configured to act a gateway between ethernet and WLAN. If someone has the required knowledge and would like to prepare gateway function on his PC, preferably notebook, that would be great. The QL side has a static IP setup which is freely configurable.

Alternatively, if someone prepares a webserver on his PC, it would at least allow to demostrate the native webbrowser.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QDOS native TCP/IP demonstration at QLis30

Post by Peter »

I also need a power supply for my Q60 plus one floppy drive, since I must bring it as board only, to save flight weight.

Preferrably an AT power supply, but ATX with a bridge like this should also work:
atx.jpg
I did not reach Derek about it yet, so if someone else travelling by car could bring a power supply, it would make sure the demo can happen. Many thanks!

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Update: Derek can provide the power supply. Many thanks, Derek!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Peter,

I have 7 x AT Midi Tower Cases left over from the Q60 Production... I will bring the Power Supply from the Case for you.

I have installed Apache/PHP/MySQL on my Linux Laptop, which could be used as a web server, I do not have the experience to setup a localised web server, but it is one of goals to to do.

I will see what I can setup before the show, also the laptop could be configured as a Router and Gateway, again never done this on a software level. I have always used Cisco hardware. But should not be difficult.

Regards,

Derek
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

With all the QLs and equipment rigged up I can imagine Thunderbirds style smoking power cables and everyone sweating cobs :lol: