forum Quirk

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
Ruptor
Gold Card

forum Quirk

Post by Ruptor »

If you preview a post then hit submit the editing post window stays open so you might hit submit again thinking the message wasn't posted on the first submit and end up with two posts.

Tinyfpga
Gold Card

Re: forum Quirk

Post by Tinyfpga »

I have a recurring problem. I cannot find the create "New Topic" button. Can someone tell me where it is?

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

Tinyfpga wrote:I have a recurring problem. I cannot find the create "New Topic" button. Can someone tell me where it is?
It should be where the "POST REPLY" buttons is but you have to be up one level. From here click "Help for New Users" just up there ^^^^^ so you see all topics in this sub forum.

Tinyfpga
Gold Card

Post by Tinyfpga »

Thanks for your help, Ruptor. I did not really understand what you meant by "up one level", so I clicked on "Return to Help for new users" (as you suggested) and found the "New Topic" button at the bottom of the list of topics. Seems an obscure place to put it !

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

Tinyfpga wrote:I did not really understand what you meant by "up one level"
To be expected by a TINYFPGA. :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't resist. Make sure you pick the right sub forum to start new threads by clicking top level "Board index" up there ^^^^^ or "Forums" above that. I suggest this because I see you started a thread about a game in sub forum "Help for new users" but that might be where you thought it was best to post being a new QL user. Strange there is no sub forum for games. :?

Tinyfpga
Gold Card

Post by Tinyfpga »

My tiny fpga does takes time to grasp stuff, it is also short of memory. I thought I was starting a completely new thread not a sub thread and as you noticed my posts are therefore in the wrong place. I now have a better grasp of starting a new topic in a sub category. It seems that a sub forum topic cannot be created by ordinary members and I agree that there should be a game category.
It could be, though, that I am not the only "new" member with a tiny fpga and thus my problem with QL games is not unique and that the P.I.Cole 2 topic is in the correct place.

Perhaps more detailed instructions on starting new topics could be inserted in frequently asked question.

Ruptor
Gold Card

Post by Ruptor »

Tinyfpga wrote:My tiny fpga does takes time to grasp stuff, it is also short of memory.
Mine too. I don't understand what they are talking about half the time using mnemonics and names of QL stuff that came along well after my QL went toast and I started using PCs at work.
Watch out for the double post as per the original post of this thread. It seems to be a feature of this forum software that is a feature to software engineers but a bug to me.