n00b question about the mouse and QL/E for TDI

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Re: n00b question about the mouse and QL/E for TDI

Post by guibrush »

Thanks Cristian.

Does your Philips mouse work well ? And most important, what connection do you use, this one :
https://imgur.com/HeTxhZr

or this one ?
https://imgur.com/BOzpR7V

Are you using serial 2 ? And what sermouse version do you use ? Any special configuration or stock driver ?

Thanks a lot

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

guibrush wrote: or this one ?
https://imgur.com/BOzpR7V
This second one, which is related to SER2. If I remember well, you should really connect the mouse to SER2.
The mouse works quite well, considering its age and the normal issues due to the dust on the rubber ball.
I utilize the latest Sermouse version (sorry I can't remember the version number). You must configure the driver according to your hardware. I carefully read the Sermouse manual, followed the instructions and everything went well.

guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

guys, thank you verry much for all your help !

I finally managed to get the mouse working ! What I did is to use the "general configuration utility" to open the file named "ENG_2button_sermouse" and to save it as working copy under the name of "sermouse" in WIN1. Now, all my mouses are working !

Thanks to you, i managed to do that, but with a learning curve, letting me now understand a little bit more how the system work. Now, I know how to make a LRESPR to load a driver, to edit the boot file to launch something automaticaly, to use the config tool, to exchange datas beteween the CF and the PC with Habi, and of course to have a serial mouse working :-)

Thanks a lot !

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

guibrush wrote:Now, all my mouses are working !
Great!!
So, it would be nice if you add your mouses info and/or pictures to the "compatible mice list" topic, if you can :)

guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

done

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

guibrush wrote: I finally managed to get the mouse working ! What I did is to use the "general configuration utility" to open the file named "ENG_2button_sermouse" and to save it as working copy under the name of "sermouse" in WIN1. Now, all my mouses are working !
Please, can you specify the settings that you used for "general configuration utility" ?
I never managed to get them right :(

guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

I didn't changed any settings, I simply saved the file "ENG_2button_sermouse" in"WIN1_Sermouse" path. The result was that the driver printed "2 buttons mouse driver" at the launch instead "3 buttons mouse driver" as before.