The SuperBASIC Online Manual has been reformatted and much work has been done to tidy stuff up. I have not yet put this live, but if you go here https://superbasic-manual.readthedocs.io/en/working/
then you will be able to view the latest manual style.
It looks remarkably similar to the old version but:
- I've split the keywords into files of their own. This improves editing, but increases build times. I can live with that especially as "ReadTheDocs" does all the live builds.
- Source files for keywords are now in alphabetic folders.
- Frontmatter is in a Frontmatter folder.
- Appendices are in the Appendices folder.
- Spelling, grammar and broken links are fixed.
- Syntax tables are fixed for best results on HTML - for online viewing, or PDF - for printing (too many pages to print!)
- A new Toolkits page has been added at https://superbasic-manual.readthedocs.i ... lkits.html - you can now browse the commands in each individual toolkit.
- We have a logo! Top left of the page there's a QL image.
- Scrolling of the left sidebar is fixed. It was apparently a random scroll as you viewed a page. Now it remains steady until you scroll it. Much better.
- Every page has NEXT and PREV buttons, top and bottom.
Still to do?
- Make sure that the toolkit names in the individual keyword pages are standardised. We have, for example, 'Tiny Toolkit', 'TinyToolkit' and 'Qview TinyToolkit' - presumably all for the same toolkit? I've assumed this to be the case in the Toolkits page, and merges them all under TinyToolkit at https://superbasic-manual.readthedocs.i ... inytoolkit.
- Someone who isn't me, and who knows these things, needs to have a look at the 'SMS', 'SMSQ', 'SMSQ/E' and 'SMS* For Whatever' on the Toolkits page to make sure I've got it correct.
- Ditto for the 'Atari' and possibly 'Amiga'/'ST' stuff.
- I need also to incorporate the files that ToFro sent me, with some updates. Thanks Tobias, I'll get the merged as soon as I can.
If there are no complaints in the next couple of days, for certain values of 'couple' and 'days', then I'll merge the working branch into the master branch and bring the main ReadTheDocs location up to date.
In case you are wondering, I have two branches in my repository on GitHub - master and working. I normally do changes in working and push them back. ReadTheDocs then notices and does a build. I check the build as best I can, and if ok, merge the changes into the master branch. That merge then kicks off another build on ReadTheDocs, this time of the master (aka latest) version of the docs.
If you look at the bottom of the left side of the screen you will see "Read The Docs" and "V:latest" - click that, and you can look at HTML, PDF or EPUB for the docs in either the Latest or the Working versions. You can also have a look at recent builds to see how up to date the docs are etc. Downloads are available of all versions in the three formats, so Derek might want the EPUBs while I'm more likely to partake of the PDF files. HTML is there too - if you want a local version of the online stuff. (The direct link to the downloads page is https://readthedocs.org/projects/superb ... downloads/