Reverse Auction: ED floppy disks -- SOLD

Sell your QL items here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Reverse Auction: ED floppy disks -- SOLD

Post by Dave »

I have the following three lots which will be sold here by reverse auction. Now cheaper than all the listings on eBay!

The price will lower by 25p every few hours until someone posts a reply "I'll buy LOT X." Price is then due by paypal and will mail out by priority mail with tracking number same day. Cost of shipping is included in the price.

SOLD!: one new, unopened box of 10 TDK MF-2ED 4MB floppy disks -- SOLD off-site
SOLD!: one new, unopened box of 10 TDK MF-2ED 4MB floppy disks - SOLD off-site
SOLD!: one open box of 7 unused TDK MF-2ED 4MB floppy disks ----- SOLD off-site

If you have an ED drive on your QL, these are extremely hard to find nowadays. It's especially hard to find them new in an unopened box

Funds will be used directly to fund parts purchases for UltimIDE.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Reverse Auction: ED floppy disks

Post by Dave »

Just hit £20.00. I have had a couple of emails making offers, so I am mildly confident they'll go fairly soon.

Remember, this price includes international shipping. :)

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

I will just remind people to read the rules of this forum, hidden bids are not allowed.
1) All items should have a price, no offers or bids should be used.

2) When buying an item at the price stated post your interest in the thread then send a PM to the seller.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

For clarity: I received email offers from two people who have seen cross-posted pointers to this listing from outside the forum. I don't think they're from here, and they didn't contact me within the forum. They made offers which I like, but the listing is here and only offers received here count. They have been told to register/post here.

Also: the rule is counter-productive and should be done away with. :) People should be allowed to haggle. A lot more stuff would sell here if people were allowed to counter-offer. The way it is set up, you can only post a price and people can only accept that price. Hardly any other forum does it that way, and it's a really silly restriction.

In My Humble Opinion.

What do other people think?

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Apologies to Dave and to XorA. With XorA being a new member to the forum team I forgot to pass on the information that you had asked me about trying something new on the sales section which I agreed to via the online chat.

As for selling to people outside of the forum, then those items would be marked as sold offsite.

I'm more than open to suggestions or changes in rules. They are not set in stone :) I had never set up a forum before and I've seen plenty of wrongdoings in trade sections on various sites so thought it was best to go with some rigid and cautious rules.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

The 7 discs just sold to someone off-site. The standing offer on the rest is getting close now. :)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Just hit £17.00.

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Dave, this reverse auction system, if no one bids and you keep reducing the price, does that mean at some point you will end up with a negative price, and will then pay someone to buy the items from you? :shock: :P :lol: :mrgreen: ;)

Mark

PS a boring post about how you have set a lower limit and the price will not drop below that level is not required :lol:

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I also have them listed elsewhere in other communities that use ED floppies. It would be quite amusing if the price went negative. *grins*

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Only one left.