Plug-in ROM without $4AFB0001 Header

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
t0nyt
Gold Card

Re: Plug-in ROM without $4AFB0001 Header

Post by t0nyt »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:40 am
t0nyt wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:54 am
Derek_Stewart wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:46 am Hi,

The QL ROM header is an automatic way for the operating system to load code extensions to extend the system.

See the QDOS Technical Guide or SMSQ/E Reference Guide for more details of the ROM Header specification.

You can load in the ROM code and use EPROM_LOAD, which sometimes works, but this maybe only in SMSQ/E.

But the ROM code can be loaded to a memory and a call can be made which is equivalent to the ROM header jump code.
Hi Derek,

It's the CPMulator ROM I'm working with, so no header involved

I did look at EPROM_LOAD but it's SMSQ/E (as far as I can tell) which I don't have as it doesn't run on standard QL as far as I know?

Many thanks
Tony
Hi Tony,

Sorry to be vague, I used to use CPMulator v2.00, there is a small boot loader that is required to modify the CPMulator startup, when the ROM is in ram. Which works in SMSQ/E, Minerva.

I would post a full working copy of the emulator, but I am not sure if the Sandy software is still copyright.
Hi Derek,

Is the "small boot loader" copyright please? Anything to help point me to where to too look would be great if possible please

Many thanks
Tony

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

The reason I’m working on this is so I don’t have to remove QIMSI and plug in the Sandy cartridge every time I want to use it

But just as importantly I’m learning a lot of things as I go along, so even if it’s a dead end it’s not a waste of time

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Here is a screen shot of CPMulator v2.00 running in sQLux
CPMulator.png

I will establish status and upload it here if I can.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

It seems that the Sandy CPMulator is still copyright.

Regards,

Derek
aalea
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by aalea »

Which is a curious and sad thing, because cp/m was liberate as OpenSource years ago...

This versión work with disk directly? or do the same that success, that create a file with the cpm filesystem and difícult the share between CP/m and QDos or other os?