QL Cartridges lot on Ebay

Discussions for anything QL related up for Auction.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: QL Cartridges lot on Ebay

Post by Sparrowhawk »

OK so first the good news - I have found the disk with McSporran's Lament. Hopefully it's operational. I will try it when I dig the disk drives out this weekend.

Now to Anelpum Quat. Sorry, I've confused this with Angstrom Angst. And a double confusion as my initial thought of the game being set in a sub is probably my memory of Wreck Dive. Both the above are on the same disk as Lament.

Asimov I appear to have too (again on same disk, boy I was good with disk labels back then! :D ) - or I do if it relates to Aftermath of the Asimovian Disaster. Is that MIA? If so I can provide that too if the disk is OK.

Also on that disk apparently are: From the Tower of Valagon, Fantasia Adventure, Haunted House, Worm and something just called Hill.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I've found a second disk with McSporran's lament on it, this one with v3.0.0 against the title. So hopefully between those two disks we'll have a complete extract.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

RWAP wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:40 pm
The most important ones to find and preserve are:
Gee-Gee System was by Impact Entertainments (who also did a great football based adventure, Here We Go).
Astro by Nick Ward
Orbiting Stars by John Topham
MacSporran's Lament adventure by Dave & Ann Watson
Uncle Loonie's Legacy adventure / puzzle game by Dave & Ann Watson
Squidgy Round The World - another great arcade game by Michael Crowe
Sector X - arcade game by Horst Spierling
Rock-Fall - boulderdash clone by Andrew Toone

More details - https://qlwiki.qlforum.co.uk/doku.php?i ... h_services

Not heard of:
StarCruiser
Skat_bas
Asimov
Superspy (unless that is to do with the Spy editor?)
I have Squidgy Round the World, Sector X, Rock-Fall, StarCruiser, Skat, Asimov .
The last 3 I think were part of some QL User Group collection.
I also have a program called Astro "by ajw 1995" - probably it's a different program, as it is about 500k and would not fit on a microdrive.
I also have 2 versions of Astronomer and Astrologer, one is v2 and one seems to be an earlier version. The v2 came on a disk that was labelled Astro. The boot file says "version 2 ", but the programs are v3.(probably it's a different program, as it is about 440k and would not fit on a microdrive.)
I'll send them to you for preservation.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Rockfall, Sector X and Squidgy Around the World are all freeware and already on the Sinclair QL Homepage:
https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/games/index.html

That helps as they are excellent games in my opinion

Star Cruiser is also on that page.

Aftermath of the Asimovian Disaster appears on https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/games/adve ... index.html as it is a text adventure, mentioned on the Interactive Fiction database @
https://ifdb.org/viewgame?id=eanmmzj9t9qeaat3

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I found the MacSporran’s Lament manual, amongst others :)
IMG_1139.jpeg

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Floppy disk image of MacSporran's sent to Rich @ RWAP for preservation. The original disk was reporting not found, but luckily the backup disk worked.

Let's hope we get permission to release this. It's an impressive demonstration of what the ACT tool could achieve.

Floppy disk -> QIMSI SD -> Mac SD -> Q-emuLator -> blank disk image (rinse repeat until I got all the right files copied - there were several dozen files spanning multiple games on there). Took a few tries.

I'll scan the manual sometime soon too.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Excellent - I always enjoyed the adventures by the Watsons - just wish we could track them down somehow...

RichardCGH
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by RichardCGH »

Re the O/P
that's a lot of familiar stuff there.
For the record : I don't have any contacts for people who wrote CGH Services s/ware unless they are on here or I know them on FB.
The copyright for titles were returned to the authors when I ceased trading. What they did with the copyright titles was up to them.
And erm, I kept the masters for mdvs etc on 3.5" floppies. So that looks like an awful lot of backups someone made.