Wanted - Various Items

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
t0nyt
Gold Card

Wanted - Various Items

Post by t0nyt »

Hi All

I thought it would be worthwhile me listing a few items that I'm on the look out for in 2024 in the hope that someone reading this may have any of the items to sell please:

Working MDV2 (read/write/format)

A floppy disk controller with no built-in memory (and preferably no, or the latest, TK2) so I can use my floppy drives & gotek with the excellent memory expansion (and latest TK2) I purchased from Chri$

QL Cavern - Complete Package

QL Pawn - Complete Package

I know it's a long shot that I'll be able to get any of these items (I do keep a watch on eBay), but if anyone has anything on the list they'd be willing to part with please let me know

EDIT: Edited to add MDV2

Many thanks
Tony
Last edited by t0nyt on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:36 am, edited 10 times in total.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Wanted - Various Items

Post by Chr$ »

t0nyt wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:08 pm Hi All

I thought it would be worthwhile me listing a few items that I'm on the look out for in 2024 in the hope that someone reading this may have any of the items to sell please:

A fully working microdrive to replace my MDV2 drive (mine can only read)

A floppy disk controller with no built-in memory (and preferably no, or the latest, TK2) so I can use my floppy drives & gotek with the excellent memory expansion (and latest TK2) I purchased from Chri$

A complete and intact copy of Psion chess (I had this BITD and would really like it in my small collection)

A riser leg (I have 2 but would happily purchase a set of 3)

2 or 3 Transform MD storage boxes

BJ the Return (working with matching code sheet) - I have one but not the code sheet

I know it's a long shot that I'll be able to get any of these items (I do keep a watch on eBay), but if anyone has anything on the list they'd be willing to part with please let me know

Many thanks
Tony
I have Psion Chess (the later one without Sinclair branding and I think it may have dealt with extra RAM better the original, but don't quote me on that). I did offer it on here and have since found the thin sticker for the cart, so it's complete. I can sort you out with Transform boxes too.

I wouldn't worry about the 3rd foot. Later QLs only came with 2 even though there was still space for 3 in the polystyrene packaging.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

Chr$ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:26 pm
t0nyt wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:08 pm Hi All

A fully working microdrive to replace my MDV2 drive (mine can only read)

A complete and intact copy of Psion chess (I had this BITD and would really like it in my small collection)

A riser leg (I have 2 but would happily purchase a set of 3)

2 or 3 Transform MD storage boxes

BJ the Return (working with matching code sheet) - I have one but not the code sheet

Many thanks
Tony
I have Psion Chess (the later one without Sinclair branding and I think it may have dealt with extra RAM better the original, but don't quote me on that). I did offer it on here and have since found the thin sticker for the cart, so it's complete. I can sort you out with Transform boxes too.

I wouldn't worry about the 3rd foot. Later QLs only came with 2 even though there was still space for 3 in the polystyrene packaging.
Hi Chri$

That’s great thanks. If you can PM me the cost of those items with shipping please I’ll sort payment

Thanks for the info on the legs too

Thanks
Tony

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

Edited original post to remove

Assembly Language Programming on the Sinclair QL by Andrew Penell

Thanks

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

Edited original post to add a QIMSI

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

t0nyt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:57 am Edited original post to add a QIMSI
Why don't you join the QIMSI buying thread?

viewtopic.php?t=4535

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

XorA wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:19 pm
t0nyt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:57 am Edited original post to add a QIMSI
Why don't you join the QIMSI buying thread?

viewtopic.php?t=4535
I did PM to join the queue, but don’t know when/if the next production run will be and maybe someone has a spare sitting around (unlikely I know)

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

Edited original post to remove MDV2

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

Edited Original post to add QL Cavern & QL Pawn complete packages please

t0nyt
Gold Card