QL Games/Software on mdv Cartridge.

Sell your QL items here!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

QL Games/Software on mdv Cartridge.

Post by Chr$ »

I have the following available.

Disclaimer: You know how it is with 40 year old mdv carts and reliability - they might work for 5 minutes or 5 years or they may not even make it fully working on arrival! I will test all of them before I send anything and will liaise with perspective buyers. I can potentially provide backup cartridges.

For anything purchased I will also send a working .mdv dump file that will work in Qemulator and could also be used on an original QL with a vDrive (and possibly with other setups, depending on the presence and type of copy protection on the original cartridge).

Loose Carts only:

SOLD BJ in 3D land £10 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.
Citadel £10 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.
Vroom £15 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.

Original Boxed carts:

Zapper with Eagle £20 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.
Viewpoint £10 - boxed with instructions, corrupt cartridge, can possibly provide a backup.
Chess (later Psion branded version) £15 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet, with instructions, box has spine split but is still holding together. Cart missing its thin sticker.
SOLD QL-Cavern £10 - cart has corruption, will include working backup. Missing instructions and box slipcase.
SOLD QL-Bounder £12 - has instructions, missing box slipcase.
Cartridge Doctor £12 - missing instructions, box complete and nice.
SOLD Cartridge Doctor £9 - missing instructions, box no so nice.
SOLD Assembler Workbench by Talent (larger box type) £15 - works, with paperwork (instructions on cart)
SOLD Flight Simulator by Microdeal £20, A5 sized box with instructions and all relevant inserts

SOLD ICE ROM from Eidersoft, with instruction booklet, original Toolkit cart and copy of ChoICE cart £35 - non mouse version.

And of course, at the same time I can provide anyone with a VGA adapter, 512k internal RAM, ROM module (e.g. Minerva with Toolkit 2) and felt pads (depending on stock of the component parts), see: viewtopic.php?t=4437
20231201_201624.jpg
20231201_201606.jpg
20231201_201547.jpg
Last edited by Chr$ on Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
TitoxUnix
ROM Dongle

Re: QL Games/Software on mdv Cartridge.

Post by TitoxUnix »

PMed!!!

Thanks!

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Replying to you....

I did some some items, I'll mark those in the original post.

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Btw, I have a copy of Vroom that I bought for pretty cheap at RWAP when I was getting a keyboard membrane. I haven't been able to get it to run successfully. On my BBQL it starts the game but freezes. I tried to run it on Q-Emulator via the floppy drive, and no success. Was Vroom write-protected? Could mine be damaged? I'm assuming it can run in 128K on my BBQL. I haven't tried it via floppy as I copied all the fils onto MDV and used vDrive. I even tried it on an actual MDV on MDV1/2.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Yes, I think it must be copy protected and will only run from the original mdv, so copying files to floppy or vDrive won't work. My dump of it works fine on qemulator with it 'inserted' into mdv1. I think it also worked on the BBQL, but I haven't tried it for a while and tend to dump everything with mdump_task and then test them in qemulator.... try dumping the cart with mdump_task (which comes with Qemulator and is hiding in it's Windows install directory), see how that goes. If it reports bad sectors with corrupt files then it's damaged. If it doesn't, then give the dump an .mdv extension and try that in Qemulator.

dex
Gold Card

Post by dex »

VROOM is incompatible with Minerva ROM.
Probably the only QL game with this incompatibility.

What ROM do You have?

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

dex wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:22 am VROOM is incompatible with Minerva ROM.
Probably the only QL game with this incompatibility.

What ROM do You have?
JSU

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Chr$ wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:49 pm Yes, I think it must be copy protected and will only run from the original mdv, so copying files to floppy or vDrive won't work. My dump of it works fine on qemulator with it 'inserted' into mdv1. I think it also worked on the BBQL, but I haven't tried it for a while and tend to dump everything with mdump_task and then test them in qemulator.... try dumping the cart with mdump_task (which comes with Qemulator and is hiding in it's Windows install directory), see how that goes. If it reports bad sectors with corrupt files then it's damaged. If it doesn't, then give the dump an .mdv extension and try that in Qemulator.
VROOM will work from disk without copy protection but yes, is one game that will not work with Minerva.

Email me and I can sed an MDV image for use with vDrive :)

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

RWAP wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:19 am VROOM will work from disk without copy protection but yes, is one game that will not work with Minerva.

Email me and I can sed an MDV image for use with vDrive :)
Hi Rich, I'll send you an email...thanks!

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Chr$ wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:28 pm I have the following available.

Disclaimer: You know how it is with 40 year old mdv carts and reliability - they might work for 5 minutes or 5 years or they may not even make it fully working on arrival! I will test all of them before I send anything and will liaise with perspective buyers. I can potentially provide backup cartridges.

For anything purchased I will also send a working .mdv dump file that will work in Qemulator and could also be used on an original QL with a vDrive (and possibly with other setups, depending on the presence and type of copy protection on the original cartridge).

Loose Carts only:

SOLD BJ in 3D land £10 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.
Citadel £10 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.
Vroom £15 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.

Original Boxed carts:

Zapper with Eagle £20 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet.
Viewpoint £10 - boxed with instructions, corrupt cartridge, can possibly provide a backup.
Chess (later Psion branded version) £15 - dumped successfully, but not actually tested yet, with instructions, box has spine split but is still holding together. Cart missing its thin sticker.
SOLD QL-Cavern £10 - cart has corruption, will include working backup. Missing instructions and box slipcase.
SOLD QL-Bounder £12 - has instructions, missing box slipcase.
Cartridge Doctor £12 - missing instructions, box complete and nice.
SOLD Cartridge Doctor £9 - missing instructions, box no so nice.
SOLD Assembler Workbench by Talent (larger box type) £15 - works, with paperwork (instructions on cart)
SOLD Flight Simulator by Microdeal £20, A5 sized box with instructions and all relevant inserts

SOLD ICE ROM from Eidersoft, with instruction booklet, original Toolkit cart and copy of ChoICE cart £35 - non mouse version.

And of course, at the same time I can provide anyone with a VGA adapter, 512k internal RAM, ROM module (e.g. Minerva with Toolkit 2) and felt pads (depending on stock of the component parts), see: viewtopic.php?t=4437

20231201_201624.jpg
20231201_201606.jpg
20231201_201547.jpg
Sorry, meant to edit and ended up quoting myself!