Qshell

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Re: Qshell

Post by Pepperm »

NormanDunbar wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:18 pm If you have a web site somewhere that I can access to download them from, a shared Google drive etc, failing that, just email them to me, norman {at sign} dunbar-it {dot} co.uk. Alternatively, zip them up together and upload to this thread as attachments. Then anyone who wants to can read them.

Cheers,
Norm.
Email sent.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Thanks Mark. Email retrieved from spam bucket this morning. You are now added to my safe senders, just in case.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Interesting! I notice from the September 1985 issue of Computing and Electronices that:
QShell is still unfinished. However the full version will be completed for the first issue of Computing Age. (see pages 14 and 15). Adam Denning will then provide a comprehensive operator’s guide and we will give details of how to obtain your own copy of QSHELL on Microdrive.
I wonder if it ever got finished?

Cheers,
Norm.

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

I wonder if it got finished? I have had no luck in hunting down the first issue so dont expect much luck hunting out the remainder of the articles, if there was any.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Have you looked at Adrian Ives UNIX type Shell program, available on the QL Homepage?

Regards,

Derek
twellys
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by twellys »

NormanDunbar wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:12 am And there was I, all these years, thinking that I was the only person who read that magazine!

Electronics and Computing was the first magazine I ever subscribed to, and the only one to cease trading, take all my money, and never supply a single magazine! B'stards!
I was looking for any issues of E&CM on t'internet also, as I was looking for Spectrum & QL hardware. Somewhere I have three issues from ~1984 - probably in parent's loft - probably bought from Oxfam in Headingley.

Note: The British Library Storage (Boston Spa, Yorkshire) had the whole of 1985s E&CM when I visited on an open day in early 90s (Think BL were keeping magazines for 7 years)

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

twellys wrote:Note: The British Library Storage (Boston Spa, Yorkshire) had the whole of 1985s E&CM when I visited on an open day in early 90s (Think BL were keeping magazines for 7 years)
Interesting. Boston Spa is not all that far from where I am currently, in North Leeds. I say "currently" as we are in the process of selling our house and possibly moving (back) to Scotland. Just waiting for all the signatures.

I wonder when or if they will be having another Open Day? I shall have to look out for it.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Norm.