OqtaDrive internal issues

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: OqtaDrive internal issues

Post by xelalex »

Pepperm wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:37 pm Now that I have got a non resetting URL back, I am still having problems assigning a physical Microdrive to my system. I have changed the Arduino config and even SSL’d into the Pi and updated the config.h file (as shown in the attached), but I still can’t get the URL to allow me to set the hardware drive mapping as it is always locked.
What do you mean by "even SSL'd into the Pi"? That's exactly where you need to make the change, and exclusively to config.h. Any changes to oqtadrive.ino would be overwritten with the next upgrade or flashing. After making the changes, did you flash the firmware to the Nano once? That is required. Easiest way is to run an upgrade from the UI.

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

Sorry SSH’d

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

And I made the changes to the arduino code and wrote it to the nano. Then after booting everything I rebooted the pi from the SSH session with which I also made the changes to config.h. The Pi never manages to program the nano, I am programming the nano from my PC. A genuine nano is on its way so hopefully that will program whilst in the QL. None of the nano types I have will program in situ but all have the latest boot loaders, according to the Arduino IDE not bing set to old boot loader.

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

I have also done an “update” from the Oqtadrive URL.

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

Tried it all again 😀 and now I can change the hardware drive mappings… to 3 and 3 and click on set. Now the mdv1 led and the two coloured led of the interface are permanently on and doing a dir mdv3_ shows the drive details for my mdv1_

Sorry, I’m confused. Should I just go away and read more of the GitHub?

xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by xelalex »

Let's take this step by step. First, let's see whether the base installation went well. For that, please attach file /root/setup.log from the Pi.

Next we need to find out why the Nano cannot be flashed. For that, ssh into the Pi, run 'make flash' (while being in folder /home/pi), and attach the output here, together with file /home/pi/oqtadrive.makerc.

Additionally, note that firmware config changes should only be made to config.h, not to oqtadrive.ino, since that one will be replaced whenever the firmware is flashed, or an upgrade is run.

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

Well, I have now received my genuine nano and fitted it. attached is the outputs that you requested except for the root file as I dont have access...I'm not a linus expert.

I can get the same outputs for the non genuine nano too.
makeflash output.zip
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

here is the same output for the non genuine nano. I note that the restarting of the web GUI has not restered since I swapped the nanos and did an upgrade.
nongenuinonano.zip
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

xelalex
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by xelalex »

Pepperm wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:55 pm Well, I have now received my genuine nano and fitted it. attached is the outputs that you requested except for the root file as I dont have access...I'm not a linus expert.
You can get the base setup log with 'sudo cat /root/setup.log', then get the remainder of the setup log with 'cat /home/pi/setup.log'.
I can get the same outputs for the non genuine nano too.
Both logs show that flashing of the firmware actually works, no error. Please add your current firmware config with 'cat /home/pi/oqtadrive/config.h'.

Now let's check whether setting the drive mapping works. In the web UI, go to the config tab and set log level to debug and click the Set button right next to it. Then set the drive mapping, e.g. start to 3 and end to 3, then Set button. When done, run a 'dir mdv3_' from the QL. Afterwards, get the log by clicking the "Get daemon log here" link at the bottom part of the config page, and post here.

Pepperm
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Pepperm »

I'll get the files you requested shortly, but see the attached. This Nano with an FTDI FT232 chip (instead of the CH340) doesnt seem to program...
Attachments
This doesnt work.zip
(923 Bytes) Downloaded 25 times
Last edited by Pepperm on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.