.PIC images

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: .PIC images

Post by tofro »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:53 am Hi,

The Q68 supports all Modes except Mode 32, an impossible wish would be to switch between Mode 32 and Mode 33.
Not only impossible, but also - useless - as the features of Mode 32 and 33 are basically identical, they are just two different implementations doing the same thing on different hardware.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

tofro wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:25 am
Derek_Stewart wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:53 am Hi,

The Q68 supports all Modes except Mode 32, an impossible wish would be to switch between Mode 32 and Mode 33.
Not only impossible, but also - useless - as the features of Mode 32 and 33 are basically identical, they are just two different implementations doing the same thing on different hardware.
Hi,

What if a PIC file saved on QPC2 in Mode 32, it would be nice to view it on: Q60, Q68 in Mode 33, or has this already been done?

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

[quote]What if a PIC file saved on QPC2 in Mode 32, it would be nice to view it on: Q60, Q68 in Mode 33, or has this already been done?
[/quote]
That would be a function of an image viewer or thelike - It is relatively straightforward to convert between 32 and 33, as its just some byte swaps. Some current implementations in PE don't have this functionality today - IOP.WPAP, for example, wants native picture and will otherwise just display a mess as wallpaper.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Hi,

What if a PIC file saved on QPC2 in Mode 32, it would be nice to view it on: Q60, Q68 in Mode 33, or has this already been done?
I think the BMP software still supports this (have somewhat lost track of the changes Bob Spelten made to the software though!)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

tofro wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:46 am
That would be a function of an image viewer or thelike - It is relatively straightforward to convert between 32 and 33, as its just some byte swaps. Some current implementations in PE don't have this functionality today - IOP.WPAP, for example, wants native picture and will otherwise just display a mess as wallpaper.
Which image viewers allow viewing Mode 32 and Mode 33?

Upadate: Answered my own question

I was able to view PIC file generated on the Q60 on QPC2 and SMSQmulator with QuickView by Per

Here is a sample of the pic file I have:
NASA02.ZIP
Mode 33 Pic files from Q60
(144.75 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
NASA05.ZIP
Mode 33 Pic files from Q60
(125.49 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
I can supply the rest of the Q60 Pic file video library if required.

Regards,

Derek
BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:42 am Which image viewers allow viewing Mode 32 and Mode 33?

Upadate: Answered my own question

I was able to view PIC file generated on the Q60 on QPC2 and SMSQmulator with QuickView by Per
Besides Per's QuickView there are a few more options:
1. As Dilwyn said, BMP can show mode 33 on a mode 32, or mode 16 system and vice versa.
It can also convert between QL modes and BMP types. Update coming soon.
2. My SQRview also runs on any High Colour system and shows most QL modes in the Native mode.
Besides QL types including PE sprites, it does BMP, JPG, GIF and PNG.
3. Silvester's Photon can also show most of the above types and his graphics toolkit PHGTK_bin has Functions to do type and mode conversions, many of which are used in QuickView, BMP and SQRview.

BSJR

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I am very sorry to say that I am behind the times in devlopment, I did know about BMP, but I have just downloaded it and it looks and works great.

Regards,

Derek