Microdrive Felt

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Microdrive Felt

Post by Chr$ »

You used superglue? But the felt pads are self adhesive and have a little yellow piece of paper on the sticky side :S. I imagine superglue would probably soak through and make the whole pad hard?

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Have you given the tape heads a clean.
Maybe one or more of your old cartridges is shedding the oxide coating and clogging the tape heads.

Popopo
Trump Card

Post by Popopo »

Chr$ wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:56 pm You used superglue? But the felt pads are self adhesive and have a little yellow piece of paper on the sticky side :S. I imagine superglue would probably soak through and make the whole pad hard?
Holy XXXX!!!!
Yes, I did!
I couldn't imagine that has that tape included or it were strong enough! :(
Whatever, I was very careful adding it, and could happen one drop could fall in one cartridge, but don't think in most of them. Probably need to recheck my mdrivers units.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

If they cannot be removed you could probably remove the whole metal spring part and replace those (with new felt on them). I can find enough spring parts and some more felt, if you want to try again. But if they somehow got superglue (or even superglue fumes) on the tape part then it may be a losing battle.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.