International QL keyboard layouts

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
martyn_hill
Aurora

Re: International QL keyboard layouts

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi afx!

That's good to hear and one less piece of the puzzle needed in order to support the Spanish QL keyboard in the QLbase/Matrix to PS/2 converter. With the Concepts key-mapping guide since provided, I should be able to add Spanish KB support once French and Italian are complete :-)

afx
Trump Card

Post by afx »

By the way, Marin, the attachments in this post http://www.qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=33249#p33249 might also be helpful to you.

klausfrank
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by klausfrank »

I got several Danish keyboards. This one is a special Danish version. This is a 512 Kb QL, converted by the importing company.
Attachments
Special Danish 512 k version of QL.jpg
Danish keyboard.jpg

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Does the upper right key really has a "Delete" function?

4E75 7000
klausfrank
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by klausfrank »

Yes, just one key. But CTRL + left key does the same. But it is a nice feature, just to use one key. If you need the rom, you can find it under the Roms in Dilwyn’s archive - MGD_rom

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Thank you Klaus!

I shall turn my attention to the Dutch KB layout for Stephan's Matrix to PS/2 converter once I'm done with French/Italian & Spanish :-)

Do you happen to have the Dutch version of the Concepts section of the QL User Guide - in particular, the keyboard mappings table?

Warm regards,
Martyn.

klausfrank
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by klausfrank »

Hi Martyn
I’m sorry. I only have the UK and DK user guide. If it is for any use I could mail tables to you.
Regards Klaus

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Good afternoon Klaus!

By 'DK', am I right in understanding that's the Danish QL User Guide you refer to?

If so, that would also be useful, yes. The key mappings pages appear within the Concepts section of the various published QL User Guides.

I can't promise to add support for every country keyboard (the current microcontroller firmware is built to support up to 8 different layouts, allowing dynamic switching between each one), but based on 'popularity' amongst our community here, I'll do my best!

M.

BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

SHermesNL.zip
(237.38 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
martyn_hill wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:21 pm Thank you Klaus!

I shall turn my attention to the Dutch KB layout for Stephan's Matrix to PS/2 converter once I'm done with French/Italian & Spanish :-)

Do you happen to have the Dutch version of the Concepts section of the QL User Guide - in particular, the keyboard mappings table?
Martyn,

A Dutch QL was once announced by the importer in a short lived Dutch QL magazine but it never materialised. So there also never was a Dutch User Guide.
For my own use of a PS/2 NL keyboard with SuperHermes I adapted the Danish bin to make a Dutch version.
The attached ZIP contains the original SHermes software for many countries and includes my NL files.

BSJR
SHermesNL.zip
(237.38 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Thank you BSJR - I'll explore how the SH tables could assist here.

I realise only now that Klaus wasn't taking about the Dutch KB, but the Danish after all!

I have no idea how I misread Klaus' original post (sorry, Klaus!)